Are any holiday home rental companies being flexible about cancellation?

(4 Posts)
Wiifitmama Sun 18-Oct-20 20:24:29

We just came back from a lovely hotel break - totally cancellable right up to the day before. All because of Covid - it is not usually so flexible. I am now looking for a self catering property for summer and every company I click into has very strict payment and basically no cancellation. I am not going to book anything now that can't be cancelled while we still have Covid. So do I have to book a hotel - is there nothing else?

OP’s posts: |
elizaco Tue 20-Oct-20 13:27:17

Have a look at Coquet Cottages in Northumberland. We stayed in a lovely cottage booked with them this Summer. I think they offer full refund for ANY cancellation reason (minus booking fee) between 60 and 2 days before arrival.

Sophiesdog2020 Mon 26-Oct-20 17:17:26

@Wiifitmama

Higher Menadew Cottages in Cornwall. Cancellation up to 48hrs before.

We have a booking coming up with them, can still travel but know that if rules change then we will get a refund.

Obvs if something happens in last 48hrs we won’t be covered, but willing to take that risk. Hopefully we will have some idea if it’s looking likely we can’t go.

7 cottages in a farm setting, pool, not far from Eden and coast around Mevagissey.

livingthegoodlife Fri 01-Jan-21 21:43:49

I would try an independent holiday cottage. Everyone I know is being extremely flexible about cancellations. I'm in the process of setting my cottage up for lets in Cornwall and do a lot of reading up on policies (open from march 🤞)

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in