Center Parcs since it has reopened?

(8 Posts)
teaandbiscuitsforme Sat 22-Aug-20 13:45:50

Just got back from Whinfell. It was our first time and we were in two minds about going (booked before Christmas) but we loved it! Apparent I'm they were at about 70% occupancy so it was generally busy but never crowded.

We were happy with two swimming slots. The pool was busy enough but I imagine it would have been packed in previous years which would have been awful. Everything was spotless and their systems worked really well. Other than the compulsory trolley in the shop - I only wanted two ice lollies!!

I knew what activities I wanted to book and did that 2 weeks in advance with the swimming slots. We ate out one lunchtime booking that morning and had two meals delivered from the restaurants. We couldn't get a table to eat dinner out. It didn't bother this really but I imagine other people wouldn't be happy with that.

KnobChops Fri 21-Aug-20 07:45:02

I just cancelled our break. All the activities were booked on the first day that booking opened. No spa and restricted swim time. Then a very late check in and having to leave early. Lots of comments seen that people are in queues for hours driving in. Didn’t sound much fun really and they were still charging full price.

Whosaysyoucanthaveitall Wed 19-Aug-20 20:18:12

We went for a long weekend to Woburn at the end of July. It was fine - most customers adhered to the rules. The two pool slots were fine for us because it’s a shorter break, I think if I was there longer I’d want another one. It did mean the pool was quiet and you have your own changing room for the entire session, which was great.
There was absolutely no spontaneity though - slots for activities booked up quickly so you really had to have everything preplanned.
The lodge was spotless, the restaurants had tables well spaced out and are all doing take away now too. We ate out 2 nights and got cook meals the last night because we were exhausted.

Realitybites21 Sat 08-Aug-20 15:54:53

Loads of feedback on their FB pages.

itsgettingweird Wed 05-Aug-20 07:43:00

The limited swimming would be annoying for me because it's ds favourite thing.

But there's so much to do. It's a nice park with everything central and nice lake. Also is the safari park nearby that you could do as a day trip.

I guess it depends what you want from the holiday? If it's chilling in a lodge, walking, few activities and eating it'll be fine.

Shieldingending Wed 05-Aug-20 07:32:04

The lack of swimming times would put me off. 2 swims is ok for a weekend but for a mon- fri I’d want more. Plus since check in is so late, and check out so early you’re missing a lot of time

Chesneyhawkes1 Wed 05-Aug-20 07:25:44

I've not been but I live right near the Woburn one and was walking round the woods on arrival day. The queue of cars waiting to get in was huge. I was shocked. So a lot of people are obviously still going!

Advertisement

Rups2011 Wed 05-Aug-20 07:18:32

Has anyone been to Center Parcs since it has reopened? We are due to go later this month. They keep pushing back the payment and cancellation dates. We are wondering if it is still worth it with the Covid measures in particular the 2 x 2h pool access during a 5 day stay. We would be going to Woburn if that makes a difference. Keen to hear from someone who has actually been recently. Thanks.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in