Talk

Advanced search

spa weekend on my own

(4 Posts)
Mousie Fri 28-Sep-07 13:17:26

i need a break- desperately (and yes, don't we all) But dh has agreed he will take the kids next weekend and i can go and have a night or two away. we are in london, so somewhere close to london (ideally trainable so he can keep the car) and not too expensive, where i won't feel a fool on my own. i am looking for relaxation and escape, not any kind of social time....

any suggestions very welcome. thanks

HighlandFling Fri 28-Sep-07 21:43:23

Have you been to the sanctuary Mousie? If not, I highly recommend it. Quite pricey, but that would be off-set by the fact that you wouldn't have travel expenses as it is in London.

And quite frankly, if you are going to do a 'me time' treat, you might as well splurge a bit and make the most of it.

Why don't you just plan a dream day or two in London, to save going away and savour time alone. The Sanctuary is always got women on their own and has the most amazing atmosphere. Why don't you suggest your DH buy you a treatment (or two) as an early christmas pressie. Tell him it is for the good of the whole family, recharging your batteries etc etc.

Hope you sort something out! x

HighlandFling Fri 28-Sep-07 21:44:38

ps obviously you wouldn't be able to stay at the sanctuary but could perhaps get a deal on a central hotel and go to the theatre or a musical in the evening??

Mousie Fri 28-Sep-07 23:15:13

thanks, have never been and always wondered what it was like. good idea.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: