Holiday in Hampshire/Wiltshire- where to stay

(4 Posts)
Notname Mon 06-Jul-20 11:07:31

I’m hoping to book a week mid August in the area if Winchester or Salisbury or somewhere around about there. I don’t know the area at all so could anyone please advise a good town, or village, or would they recommend staying close to one of those cities? I’d ideally like to stay in Winchester itself but we want a garden and all the properties we can afford in the centre are apartments or just have tiny patios. We’re looking to spend under £1k for 7 nights (thought that would be plenty but it’s pricey, poss cos I’ve left it late and demand is high this year).
There’s me DH, DS (12) and DD (8). We don’t mind being a mile or two from a large town, or being in/near a nice village. There’s lots of towns and sites we’d like to see in the area, inc a day trip to London on the train as DD hasn’t been before. We don’t mind driving for days out but would like to be near some nice places to eat out locally.
If anyone can suggest a place/area I’d be very grateful! I’ve trawled Airbnb and all the rental sites and for a bit bogged down with all the possibilities.

OP’s posts: |
swizzlestix Fri 17-Jul-20 06:52:09

Have a look at cottages on Lower Mill Estate near Cirencester. Lots of options on places like cottages4u
Most cottages have access to the beautiful indoor and outdoor pool at the spa. A lovely insite restaurant/pub. Great for cycling, can hire bikes and canoes. Just over the road from Cotswold Water Park

Toomanycats99 Fri 17-Jul-20 07:03:29

It might be too far from Winchester but we stayed in brockenhurst in the new forest. It's about half hour drive from Winchester and also on train to both Winchester and London.

cameocat Fri 17-Jul-20 07:04:59

Mottesfont village is rather lovely

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in