London activities July 2020

(5 Posts)
Hawaiifiveo Sat 27-Jun-20 15:26:33

My partner and I have recently moved to London and are looking for activities for a week off. We were originally going to go to a few shows, shopping and eating out a lot but are trying to think of other things to do. So far all we have planned is a day at Kew, any other ideas would be appreciated!

OP’s posts: |
rmacleanjones Sun 28-Jun-20 18:01:42

Hi OP, I did a great walk along London’s Roman wall a couple of weeks ago. Loads of the ruins are still visible above ground so it’s a perfect (free!) lockdown day out if you fancy a bit of history.

I wrote up the full route here: englandssecretlandscapes.substack.com/p/walk-londons-roman-wall-a-lockdown

Hawaiifiveo Sun 28-Jun-20 19:52:31

Thank you, I’ll check that out

OP’s posts: |
PaulaSmith1 Wed 01-Jul-20 17:20:06

Check out the Android App "Free things to do in London"

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=bhacromwell.com.freelondon

or visit the web site
www.freethingstodoinlondon.com/

FizzyPink Thu 02-Jul-20 19:48:00

We love to rent Boris bikes and go round a couple of the parks although that is very weather dependent!

You can also rent a GoBoat from Paddington and have a leisurely afternoon sail up the river and past the zoo. They let you take food and drink onboard as well.

I think some of the markets are opening up again so that could be a nice option for wandering around. Also Roof East has reopened but you need to buy tickets. I highly recommend booking the crazy golf and then having some cocktails on the rooftop if you get a nice day

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in