Advanced search

Need Self Catering Accommodation in Berkshire (or Berks/Hampshire border) during house repairs

(5 Posts)
Tillyboo Thu 20-Sep-07 13:54:03

We are having to have a lot of repairs done to our lovely house - courtesy of a new housing development built next door - I HATE THEM !!!!!!!

So many cracks and plaster damage from all the pile driving etc.

So, we will have to move out for a couple of weeks/ a month during this time as dd has asthma and there will be loads of dust and dirt plus the fact that every single room bar 2 needs to be repaired.

We don't want to move far as dh's office is local and also dd's pre-school.

I'm having trouble locating a suitable self catering cottage or house that we could rent. I don't think a hotel room would be practical because of the amount of time we'd have to spend there.

Can anyone recommend somewhere suitable i.e. 2 bedrooms, enclosed garden, clean, comfortable, good facilities etc.

We live inbetween Reading and Basingstoke so ideally want to stay south of the M4 J11 but don't mind venturing into Hampshire as long as it's not too far from the Berks border.

many thanks

CountessDracula Thu 20-Sep-07 13:56:52

We moved otu for 6 weeks once for building work

I advertised in the local shops and someone who was going on a holiday let us have their flat roudn the corner, we just brought suitcases, dd and the dog!

CountessDracula Thu 20-Sep-07 14:00:04

You need to try holiday let companies really I think

CountessDracula Thu 20-Sep-07 14:02:13


Tillyboo Thu 20-Sep-07 14:50:01

Oh thanks CountessDracula.

We seem to be in a funny area, lots in and around Newbury or Pangbourne area but it's the wrong direction for us.

I know where the house you linked is, Shinfield is not that far from us and it's on the new estate there.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: