London trip - where?

(8 Posts)
FerneGreene Mon 18-May-20 10:01:58

Ooh, Greenwich might be nice, yes. Thrn you could use the boat to get central instead of the tube smile

Fifthtimelucky Mon 18-May-20 09:19:45

I'd suggest Greenwich. Lovely park and architecture, some sights if you fancy them, like the observatory and the Curry Sark, a market, and a good place to start a boat ride.

Feelingdeprived Mon 18-May-20 08:22:43

Probably mid budget. Not crazy. Happy on public transport.

OP’s posts: |
FerneGreene Mon 18-May-20 07:34:11

Budget will affect this a lot, also how much you value location vs having a stylish hotel/air bnb. If I had all the money in the world I'd stay on the south bank in a fancy hotel. Otherwise it'd b be a "cheap" chain hotel centrally, or you could maybe get a fancy air BnB somewhere like Hackney Wick which is quite cool in itself (lots of hipstety food and drink places, by the canal, and walking distance from Victoria park) and travel into Central by tube from Stratford.. Also I guess depends how confident you are traveling on public transport and navigating around etc.

Feelingdeprived Mon 18-May-20 07:26:52

Thanks both. I’ll investigate! ☺️

ThisIsNotARealAvo Mon 18-May-20 06:14:48

You could stay in east London - brick lane/shoreditch or hoxton area. You'd need to get the bus or overground into town but if you're not doing sights then there's tons to do around those areas if you just want to hang out. Canal for walks, Broadway market, Victoria Park, Brick Lane market, there's a Lido at London Fields if it's warm.

DarlingCoffee Mon 18-May-20 06:08:27

I would go somewhere along the South Bank then you have access to the Hayward Gallery, Tate Modern, Borough Market, London eye and it’s a nice walk along there with lots of restaurants. Great architectural landscape.

Advertisement

Feelingdeprived Sun 17-May-20 21:39:27

Obviously not for now but a bit down the line.

I’m planning a trip with a few friends. We’re in our 40s and looking for a nice area to base ourselves in - lovely walks, nice architecture/buildings, good shops, cafes and restaurants/bars.

Not looking to do the sights particularly but maybe an art gallery/museum one day.

Where would you base yourself to be more local than tourist?

Thanks. ☺️

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in