Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help with tube travel from outskirts of London.

(4 Posts)
Ellen23 Mon 10-Sep-07 21:59:27

I am from North East and am hoping to go to an event at Imperial College London, South Kensington. Going to stay over 2 nights at a Travel lodge. Wanting to know of any on the outskirts of london that I can leave car and use train/tube easy to get into South Kensington, London. Any help on tube travel greatly appreciated. Dont want to drive into London. Thanks

sasquatch Tue 11-Sep-07 10:00:39

Dont know about a parking place, but for best travel deal buy an Oyster card. Its a pay as you go kind of debit card,you swipe each time you travel and gives you the best fares.ie; single tube fare in cental london is 4.00, or with oyster, 1.50.
You pay 3.00 for your card but can refund this when you leave london, or keep it and use anytime you visit.
Buy it from the tube station, you may be able to get it online at www.tfl.gov.uk

newgirl Mon 17-Sep-07 19:24:00

i think youd be best getting the train to london and leaving the car at home - if you buy a ticket as soon as poss you will get a good deal

any outlying towns will be very tight on parking near a station to london - eg you will need to park in a car park which is not cheap - it will be resident parking in most town centres

Skribble Mon 17-Sep-07 20:41:53

Just been told about this site on my thread

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now