Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hotel near good days out in the South East?

(6 Posts)
Blu Fri 07-Sep-07 17:14:41

For this weekend?
We fancy a little one-night break, close to castles (e.g Hever or Bodiam) or other good days out - Port Lymne zoo, or anywhere a reasonable drive from london.

Marina Fri 07-Sep-07 17:16:23

Walletts Court near Dover, or Fio recommended a small-chain boutiquey place in Canterbury which looked delightful
Cough! The YH at Arundel is supposed to be tip-top for families - as you are after Port Lympne, I am assuming ds is invited to the party

Blu Fri 07-Sep-07 17:23:00

LOL - yes - DP and I would not voluntarily spend the w/e gawping at gorillas - not when we are on a mission to spend 2 days away without our various families!

Squiffy Fri 07-Sep-07 17:40:53

here is a fab place to stay - it's out of season so I wouldn't expect the 2 day rule to apply...
the huts look straight out to the sea.

Blu Fri 07-Sep-07 18:12:17

yes...I have always wanted to stay in one of the fisherman's Huts in Whtstable...but all booked up this w/e. Hotel too. You can book a lovely little flat above the trendy 'Frank' shop - through the shop.

sammieb Thu 20-Sep-07 11:36:03

Just got back from fab time in Brighton thanks to recommendation from Great Little Adventures (www.greatlittleadventures.co.uk). Totally cool time at Alias Seattle - kids loved it and so did we. Not best location though but overlooks Marina. Used site too for fab restaurants. telling all our friends to try Bills Produce - wish we could go back today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now