Talk

Advanced search

PLEEASE help me find a hotel for Saturday night near Theatre Land!!!

(20 Posts)
Gobbledigook Mon 03-Sep-07 14:55:13

I've left it toooo late - help me!!
Under £200 - we are going to Victoria Apollo - I'm struggling because when I search for hotels I just have no clue where they are in relation to where I'm going.

Can anyone who knows their stuff help me?! I can't even get a blardy travelodge at the moment!

Gobbledigook Mon 03-Sep-07 15:10:01

NObody bored enough to help?!

Fimbo Mon 03-Sep-07 15:21:50

I have been looking for you on Lastminute but like you have no clue where the hotels are in relation to the theatre. Have just found this that might help. I am off to look again smile

ImBarryScott Mon 03-Sep-07 15:23:22

Vic Apollo not really in theatreland though!

Fimbo Mon 03-Sep-07 15:24:34

This one appears to have a room available for Sat

Fimbo Mon 03-Sep-07 15:26:28

Pah one of those funny links. If you choose the first hotel in my first link (Hesperia London Victoria Hotel) you should get what I tried to link to!!

foxinsocks Mon 03-Sep-07 15:29:08

you want a hotel in Victoria really

there's a Thistle there, a Victoria Park Plaza - would search on some of the late room sites for those

Sunshinemummy Mon 03-Sep-07 15:31:30

Areas to look are Victoria, Westminster, Pimlico, Belgravia, Sloane Square, Picadilly - all closeish locations with good links on tube or walking distance to Victoria.

Gobbledigook Mon 03-Sep-07 15:39:00

OK, thanks, will look.
ImBarryScott - see how much I know!

Gobbledigook Mon 03-Sep-07 15:39:19

I even blardy lived in London but still have no clue! Ha ha!

foxinsocks Mon 03-Sep-07 15:39:31

on late rooms, they have a good deal on the Hesperia London Victoria (£116.32). I haven't stayed in it but the reviews are good.

legalalien Mon 03-Sep-07 15:46:46

ooh - if you could spring 225 you could stay at the Halkin. I've always wanted to stay there
www.lhw.com/roomavailable.aspx?id=16.

have been to the restaurant there once and the thai food was awesome.

more helpfully, here's a map of hotels near victoria (apollo marked on it)

www.londontoolkit.com/accommodation/victoria_hotel_map.htm

foxinsocks Mon 03-Sep-07 15:47:07

actually, you can get that price on the Hesperia website

do you want to stay in Victoria (where you'd be able to walk to the theatre?) or do you want to stay somewhere err nicer and have a longer journey?

foxinsocks Mon 03-Sep-07 15:51:03

(I meant if it was a special occasion or something)

that's a great map legalalien! You've got your pick now GDG!

legalalien Mon 03-Sep-07 15:53:10

£175 at the crowne plaza.

www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/925/en/hd/lonsj?crUrl=/h/d/cp/925/en/rates/lonsj?ias=y&rpb=rate&ias=y&_ requestid=97322

Actually, some very good deals on wotif

www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=1748&page=1&viewType=weekends - hesperia for £99

the rubens at the palace (which looks nice) for £135
or something called the Grange Rochester for £115

legalalien Mon 03-Sep-07 15:55:21

I'm liking this one:

www.rubenshotel.com/

www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186338-d199868-Reviews-Rubens_At_The_Palace-London_England.html

Gobbledigook Mon 03-Sep-07 15:58:42

Ooh, you are all stars! That map is fabbo legalalien and the Hesperia looks like a good bet.

Fox - if we were going for a nice relaxing long weekend in London, we'd spend more and look at other areas. As it is - we are dropping the boys off with MIL on Saturday lunchtime, having a mooch and something to eat in the afternoon then theatre at night. We are getting back to North London to MIL's earlyish Sunday so it's not as if we'd make much use of a hotel really - it's not worth splashing out on this particular trip.

Will look at that link with £99 for Hesperia now - that would be fab!

legalalien Mon 03-Sep-07 16:02:29

hmm, this may be a better link as the last one linked to the rubens

www.wotif.com/search/Advanced?region=371&viewType=weekends&accommodationTypeMatch=&roomTypeCategoryM atch=&starRatingMatch=&maximumPrice=&propertyNameMatch=&assumedCountry=3&selectedSuggestionId=&searc hTerms=

foxinsocks Mon 03-Sep-07 16:22:38

how lovely GDG. Hope you have a nice time!

Gobbledigook Mon 03-Sep-07 16:26:53

Thanks so much everyone - booked Hesperia for £99 - bargain!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now