Accessible Hotel in Cornwall

(9 Posts)
AvengingGerbil Sun 27-Oct-19 16:03:20

I would like to take my elderly disabled (mobility scooter using) and partially sighted mother to Cornwall in the spring to go to Heligan and the Eden Project (both of which have enough accessibility to be doable).

Can anyone suggest a suitable hotel somewhere in the vicinity, please? She needs an accessible room with accessible bathroom. We would prefer somewhere that does not bill itself as 'family friendly', though in sight of the sea would be fabulous. So, somewhere aimed at adults; budget - reassuringly expensive but not ridiculous?

Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
Xiaoxiong Sun 27-Oct-19 16:10:04

I don't know your budget but I used this when DS broke his leg and was in a wheelchair:

https://m.disabledholidays.com/#!/search/uk-l23/england-l24/south-west-l1401/cornwall-l31/

Wanderingraspberry Sun 27-Oct-19 16:17:05

Premier Inn. There's one at St Austell. We stay at the one in Helston, which has accessible rooms.

Xiaoxiong Sun 27-Oct-19 16:18:17

Also, I don't know about accessibility but I know the Mevagissey Bay Hotel doesn't accept kids under the age of 12 so that might be worth a look!

There's also the hotel in Carlyon Bay, and the Cornwall Hotel, midway between Eden and Heligan. Worth ringing to enquire about wheelchair accessibility but I know a very elderly lady that spends a week every summer at the former and she needs grab bars in the loo so they must have an accessible room.

Notonthestairs Sun 27-Oct-19 16:23:19

Have a look at the Cornwall Hotel near St Austell. We had a couple of days there. Fairly certain they have accessible rooms in the annex. Lovely pool and great food. Staff were very helpful with my family. We would go back.

AvengingGerbil Sun 27-Oct-19 17:15:13

Thanks for the suggestions so far! Any more?

Ricekrispie22 Mon 28-Oct-19 06:10:00

The Llawnroc www.thellawnroc.co.uk/access-statement/
The Nare www.narehotel.co.uk/accommodation/family-rooms

ProperVexed Mon 28-Oct-19 06:15:02

My friend and her husband who uses a scooter due to MS stay at The Scarlett. Expensive, accessible and lovely.

AvengingGerbil Mon 28-Oct-19 16:07:45

Thanks all, there are some great suggestions there! Much appreciated.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in