Should I Move to Essex??!!

(3 Posts)
Cheska3s Sat 19-Oct-19 14:48:33

Hello everyone,
I'm from the Bahamas and I have a job offer in Essex, I have no idea about the place other than what I have read online. Can I have some insight on the best areas for families near Waltham abbey please? Honestly my main concern is safety, especially having a daughter 13 and a son 6.
Im looking for rentals around £1,500 max. I won't own a car right away so I will have to commute. I see Essex has a bad rap, but I realize ofcourse that there is good and bad.
So please I would appreciate any help you can lend. Thank you in advance!

OP’s posts: |
AlexaAmbidextra Tue 22-Oct-19 22:29:10

Tiny parts of Essex have an undesirable reputation ie new towns like Basildon, Harlow. Essex is a beautiful county with much to offer. Lovely countryside, a huge coastline and thriving market towns. Where will you be commuting to? London?

Waltham Abbey is close to some nice areas ie. Epping, Loughton, Theydon Bois all of which are on the Central Line directly into London. You could also look just over the border into Hertfordshire at Cheshunt, Sawbridgeworth, Bishops Stortford. Depends where you need to travel to really.

Cheska3s Wed 23-Oct-19 10:29:09

Hi. Thanks for your response. My job is actually in Waltham Abbey but initially I figured I might have to commute from a nearby town. With more online research I am realizing how lovely Essex actually is.
Thanks for your recommendations. I will look into them now.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in