Haven South West England

(3 Posts)
DinnerDinnerBadMum Thu 29-Aug-19 19:25:30

Hoping to book a break at one of the Haven sites within the South West during October half year.

Having never been to a holiday park, I was hoping you might be able tell me your recommendations, any experiences - good or bad - and any tips.

Thanks in advance.

OP’s posts: |
PinkFlowerFairy Thu 29-Aug-19 19:30:12

We really liked Weymouth Bay.

It depe ds a little bit what you expdct and what you want from a holiday.

We dont do the evening "entertainment" with the bingo and the talent shows and the various characters performances but lots do and like it. Lots of families stay all evening at the club house and eat/drink. We do games back st the caravan if we're in as we're not really into all that - so its easy to avoid if youre not, or join in if you love it!

The activities in the day are far cheaper than centre parks and they can do archery, pool inflatavles etc. Which mine enjiyed and we booked around our plans out and about.

The pool was lovely with the rapids.

What sort of things do you want to know?

DinnerDinnerBadMum Thu 29-Aug-19 19:45:55

Thanks for your reply.

Weymouth Bay is one of the ones I've been looking at, mainly because they have an indoor pool and various activities on offer.

We're also not into the evening entertainment. Much prefer a game of Scattergories!

I guess I'd like to know thoughts on the accommodation. Is it worth paying a bit extra for a better caravan? I've never stayed in a caravan and, although the pictures look nice on the website, are the cheap ones, cheap? IYSWIM!

Also, what are the eating places like? Would we be better off going off site or cooking ourselves?

And I'm also a little confused about what activities are included in the price and what's extra! For instance, at Weymouth, is the crazy golf included or do you pay extra? Do I really need to buy an activity bundle?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in