Hotel recommendations in the midlands

(8 Posts)
TheChineseChicken Tue 23-Jul-19 07:28:03

Looking for recommendations for hotels for a one night stay in September within 60-90 minutes' drive of Market Harborough. Could be in a nice town or could be self contained with eg a spa and good restaurants. For a birthday treat for DH. Up to £200 per night. Thanks

OP’s posts: |
stucknoue Tue 23-Jul-19 07:48:43

There's some nice ones near Rutland water at different price points. Kilworth house is amazing for food but I've never stayed there

TheChineseChicken Tue 23-Jul-19 18:11:46

I know Kilworth house but it doesn't have availability the night we are looking for unfortunately

Ginnotgym Tue 23-Jul-19 18:21:46

Fawsley hall is worth a look

TheChineseChicken Tue 23-Jul-19 19:22:28

Sadly that's about twice my budget!

Rhubarbisevil Tue 23-Jul-19 19:32:38

Barnsdale Hall at Rutland Water - the restaurant is quite (not very, but perfectly acceptable) good and it has its own spa, pool and golf course. The mini golf course is brilliant, plus a gym and tennis courts. It’s in between Oakham and Stamford so lots of restaurants to choose from, but do book in advance. Avoid the bird watching festival / Burghley Horse Trials as the hotels get fully booked then.

And be careful that you don’t book Hambleton Hall by mistake grin 💴 💰 £££

TheChineseChicken Tue 23-Jul-19 20:08:11

Thanks @Rhubarbisevil I'll take a look. Hambleton Hall is most definitely out of my reach!

greenjojocat Tue 23-Jul-19 20:10:37

The George in Stamford is lovely, well worth a stay and Stamford is a great town to wander around

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in