Places to eat Kensington or St Jame's Park area London..where you don't have to wait too long?

(9 Posts)
shadypines Mon 15-Jul-19 19:18:19

Hi, going on a day trip to (mainly) the Design Museum and taking in a few sights near Buckingham Palace. We are travelling by train and aiming to catch a train mid evening so we are looking for somewhere to have an early evening meal where we will not be waiting to be served for ages but I don't want a McDonald's type place (as in fast) either!

Any expertise out there? Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
Ricekrispie22 Tue 16-Jul-19 04:58:56

Nandos, Wagamama and My Old Dutch are all quick.

Madvixen Tue 16-Jul-19 05:06:59

https://www.benugo.com/partnerships/public-spaces/parks/st-jamess. The cafe in St James Park is lovely. Which station are you travelling from?

LadyOfTheCanyon Tue 16-Jul-19 06:58:44

If you're going out of Victoria, the new Nova development on Victoria St has loads of restaurants ( Hai Cenato is a Jason Atherton joint) and there's the Market Hall in the bus station which is a large but good food court.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Tue 16-Jul-19 07:07:47

If you don't have kids with you, then the Munich Cricket Club in Abbey Orchard Street is fab. But it's over 18s only.

Imicola Tue 16-Jul-19 07:08:20

I second the cafe in St James Park, it is near my work and makes for a nice lunch! I think it is called Inn the park or something.

supercee Tue 16-Jul-19 07:52:54

I went to Melabes after going to the Design museum on Kensington High Street. It's Israeli-Mediterranean, like breads, hummus etc. I really liked it.

Itscoldouthere Tue 16-Jul-19 08:00:25

Whole Foods Market on Kensington High Street has a good court on the upper floor, good choices and quite speedy.

shadypines Tue 16-Jul-19 13:08:58

Travelling from Euston, thanks everyone there are some great sounding ideas! Will investigate further...

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in