Talk

Advanced search

Anywhere to store Luggage in London? PLEASE HELP!

(12 Posts)
KerryMumbledore Sun 29-Jul-07 11:22:41

I have a day to kill with ds1 in London in 2 weeks. He's at a big chess tourney in Great Yarmouth for 10 days till a Friday. Then on Saturday wanted to take him into London from Norwich by train.

He has never been to London before OR seen a science museum or natural history museum. He is desperate to go

I will have at least 3 big bags as will be gone long time. Can't be lugging them around on the tube.

Flight leaves Stansted at 6:00 Sunday morning. Wanted to kill time in London before heading to airport to wait.

I know it sounds dire but surely there must be a way? Do train stations have places to store luggage?

Kif Sun 29-Jul-07 11:24:08

victoria

clutteredup Sun 29-Jul-07 11:25:52

the british museum has a cloakroom that takes rucksacks etc, don't know but other museums probably do too if its easier to store where you are.

KerryMumbledore Sun 29-Jul-07 11:26:58

Is Victoria a main station that I can get off at from Norwich?

KerryMumbledore Sun 29-Jul-07 11:27:51

are the Science and Natural History museums near each other?

Was hoping to leave at train station as will be using public transport and don't fancy it with the 3 bags especially on a Saturday and ds is only 8.5

KerryMumbledore Sun 29-Jul-07 11:28:35

xdh said I'd be getting into Liverpool station?

clutteredup Sun 29-Jul-07 11:31:06

victoria is the wrong side of london. l'st will be your station, the nat hist and the sci museum are both round the corner from south kensington tube sation. you can get there on the circle linefrom L'pool st. station , i think londoners correct me if i'm wrong.

clutteredup Sun 29-Jul-07 11:34:02

try this link facilities

KerryMumbledore Sun 29-Jul-07 11:34:14

Can you store luggage at Liverpool?

Or does anyone know a number I can ring to find out?

clutteredup Sun 29-Jul-07 11:36:35

yes info here

legalalien Sun 29-Jul-07 11:38:45

I've never seen it personally but apparently there is a left luggage desk at Liverpool Street http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/knowledge/posts.php?thread=389 - you may want to ring the national rail numbers given and check.

Circle Line to South Ken. should be fine - suggest you each get a one day travelcard for Zones 1 and 2, and then you can call in on other places if you have time. see http://www.tfl.gov.uk for london transport info - the online journey planner is quite accurate in my experience.

If you're doing the nat history and science museums, suggest you pop into the V&A across the road if you have time.

KerryMumbledore Sun 29-Jul-07 11:42:19

YOU'RE AN ANGEL clutterup!!!!

Just called them. It's the station I go into and leave from. Can leave things from 7a.m. to 11 p.m.

A bit pricey at £6 per item (which will eat into my savings cost but oh well) worth it to have the day in London with ds!!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now