UK Wild Swimming holiday

(11 Posts)
WildSwimmerAnon Thu 04-Jul-19 19:04:25

Hello. Trying (to no avail) to book a UK break where there are lakes or natural pools to swim in on or near site. We’re happy to travel for wild swim spots but it would be great to get something on site too if at all possible. Not sure somewhere like this exists! Thank you.

OP’s posts: |
CMOTDibbler Thu 04-Jul-19 19:11:00

We go camping at Fforest Fields for just that reason - I love double swims every day!

Tyn Cornel is somewhere I mean to go soon.

I've seen some cottages advertised in Outdoor Swimmer magazine which have direct lake access too

WildSwimmerAnon Thu 04-Jul-19 20:29:42

Oh Tyn Cornel looks beautiful! And yes! I’d heard of and then completely forgotten about Fforest fields - thank you! Does the lake there get busy?

CMOTDibbler Thu 04-Jul-19 20:35:48

The bit by the landing stage might have a few groups of kids, but further up the lake theres rarely many people. Being able to stroll down to the lake and potter back to the tent (and at Easter, we had a yurt) in my dryrobe after stopping at the showers is just perfect for me, and no restrictions on access either. We even do a little after dark dip sometimes smile

WildSwimmerAnon Thu 04-Jul-19 20:50:17

Sounds perfect! And I’m really tempted by the pods at Tyn Carnel - excellent value. Thank you so much for your help.

Sp1nningAr0und58 Fri 05-Jul-19 04:46:36

Outer Hebrides

Sp1nningAr0und58 Fri 05-Jul-19 04:53:00

Also Cornwall, Peak District, Lake District

Join wild swimming group on Facebook

There is a company that runs wild swimming in Hebrides or you can just do your own thing

profpoopsnagle Sat 06-Jul-19 12:47:13

There are lots of ideas in these Wild Guides- link to Wales one but other areas are available.

austenozzy Tue 09-Jul-19 23:38:23

How about this? seaswimcornwall.co.uk/

Skyejuly Wed 17-Jul-19 12:08:39

Waveney?

lovelyupnorth Thu 18-Jul-19 12:48:35

Lake District. Loads of options both in lakes and also outdoor pools

The national park have a section on wild swimming.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in