Talk

Advanced search

URGENT - how can I buy a train ticket over the phone web tonight

(8 Posts)
cece Sat 21-Jul-07 21:08:13

Tried trainline. DH needs to leave from Liverpool Street for Ipswich Monday morning. But you have to go to Euston, Kings Cross or Paddington first so that you can pick up your ticket

Is it possible to buy a ticket online or by phone so he doesn't have to visit another station first!?

Thanks

cece Sat 21-Jul-07 21:14:55

apparently the 'fast track' ticket machines are only at certain stations - very useful...

cece Sat 21-Jul-07 21:40:28

bumping

WendyWeber Sat 21-Jul-07 21:42:59

We have a local "travel interchange" here - I think it's possible to buy national tickets there - where are you? Do you not have anywhere local (eg travel agent) where he could turn up and buy one tomorrow?

JoMa Sat 21-Jul-07 21:46:05

a list of your options is here

cece Sun 22-Jul-07 08:15:46

Thanks we tried national rail equiries but you have to pick the tickets up from a different station at a fast track ticket machine. It is very annoying

clutteredup Sun 22-Jul-07 08:34:34

Could you get to your local train station today, you should be able to but a ticket for tomorrow from there, if there's anyone on duty..i don't know where you live.

cece Sun 22-Jul-07 08:42:50

Yes hoping to do that -we are in Surrey so will try to pop into town later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now