I want a house ON the beach with a hot tub

(121 Posts)
LaurieFairyCake Mon 27-May-19 23:11:46

PLUS dog friendly

It doesn't exist sad

I need all 3 as differing requirements. Need to see young-ish children, have hot tub for oldies plus must have dog with us.

I've literally searched every site, hoping that someone has stayed in one individual place exactly like this

OP’s posts: |
LaurieFairyCake Mon 27-May-19 23:21:39

Need to see youngish children in sight on the beach

homemadegin Tue 28-May-19 00:59:04

Have you tried

Coolstays
Quirkyaccomodation
Beachlets
Pets in pyjamas

They have some, not sure where you want to be location wise?

I'm sure I looked at one in Wales as well.

Rainatnight Tue 28-May-19 01:01:59

Following!

LaurieFairyCake Tue 28-May-19 08:14:12

There are none on any of those smile- only steep inclines to beach

GarthFunkel Tue 28-May-19 08:15:20

To fit how many people?

LaurieFairyCake Tue 28-May-19 08:30:53

3 bedrooms (or 1 if we go on our own another time)

Found one gorgeous beach hut on a private beach and weirdly no dogs confused

I'm really hoping that there's one place like I'm describing somewhere

LaurieFairyCake Tue 28-May-19 08:31:18

I literally spent 4 hours looking unsuccessfully yesterday

Villanellesproudmum Tue 28-May-19 08:34:02

If you’re on Facebook one of the dog friendly holidays groups will find you one easily enough.

ChequersDog Tue 28-May-19 08:36:29

Does it have to be in the UK? I think there’s a Center Parcs in Holland where the bungalows are on the beach and some of them might have hot tubs.

boxlikeamarchhare Tue 28-May-19 08:36:32

I struggled just for a nice house that takes a dog within walking distance to a beach this year, ended up in Northumberland- ½ mile walk, nice village with pubs and restaurants, no hot tub and not on the beach 🏖.

LizziesTwin Tue 28-May-19 08:38:16

Have a look at Pagham, Aldrich, Bognor. Beaches dog friendly, lots of houses directly on beach.

OliviaBenson Tue 28-May-19 08:38:31

I think the issue is the beach- you won't get a house actually on a beach where you can just let kids go off and watch them from the windows. Why is that a requirement?

Geneticsbunny Tue 28-May-19 08:42:40

I thought all beaches in the UK were public due to the right to roam?

Crimebustersofthesea Tue 28-May-19 08:43:43

Any good? Not sure whereabouts you want to be...

www.sykescottages.co.uk/cottage/Lake-District-Ayrshire-and-Dumfries-Galloway-Southerness/Wagtail-Cottage-960277.html?_price=465&_display=1

www.sykescottages.co.uk/cottage/Mid-Wales-Cardigan-Bay-Gwastadgoed/Penybryn-954216.html?_price=743&_display=1

(I've never stayed at either of these!)

LaurieFairyCake Tue 28-May-19 08:47:00

Almost everywhere we've stayed you've had to cross the road to the beach and yet when we've been actual places we've seen houses with direct access onto the beach - we want one of those (not down a steep cliff because of the dog)

We want the south coast or south west

LaurieFairyCake Tue 28-May-19 08:47:34

Yes in the UK, dog passport will be a nightmare due to Brexit

LaurieFairyCake Tue 28-May-19 08:47:58

I literally want one perfect place that someone's been to

SheRaTheAllPowerful Tue 28-May-19 08:51:46

www.beachretreats.co.uk/search-results/?new_dates=0&fromDate=&toDate=&accommodates=&bedrooms=&location=&loc-BOSCA=N&loc-BUDE=N&loc-CAMEL=N&loc-CAWSA=N&loc-FSTRL=N&loc-HOLYW=N&loc-MWGNP=N&loc-PERRA=N&loc-POLZE=N&loc-POISA=N&loc-PORTH=N&loc-POCOT=N&loc-POTOW=N&loc-POTRE=N&loc-ROCK=N&loc-AGNES=N&loc-WTRGT=N&loc-WIDEB=N&loc-CAWSA=N&loc-DOWND=N&loc-FALMO=N&loc-WHITS=N&loc-MOUSE=N&loc-POLEV=N&loc-PRASA=N&loc-SENCO=N&pets=&Hot_tub=Y&Lift_in_complex=N&Log_burner=N&Parking=N&Sea_view=N&Surf_store=N&walk_to_the_beach=Y&Wi-Fi=N

SheRaTheAllPowerful Tue 28-May-19 08:53:02

It’s the hot tub really that’s an issue as beach retreats have loads on the beach

justaweeone Tue 28-May-19 08:53:29

I follow the owner of this house on Instagram
No hot tub but you could always buy a lazy spa blow up one
https://www.leathouse.com/

Peoniesandcats Tue 28-May-19 08:53:40

I'm staying somewhere called The Talland Bay in Cornwall. Has a hot tub & allows dogs but it says "short stroll from the beach". Might be worth checking out if you can't find anything else...?

reefedsail Tue 28-May-19 08:55:01

I think one issue is that places like this are booked up way, way in advance. There are a few houses on the beach in Crackington Haven but when I've looked them up they've been terminally unbookable.

LaurieFairyCake Tue 28-May-19 08:55:22

Nope, live in London and nowhere to store a hot tub after grin

Need a sandy beach too for the 7 year old to dig in. Some lovely pebble ones posted but really want to satisfy the 7 year old.

LaurieFairyCake Tue 28-May-19 08:56:05

That's exactly it, I'm happy to book the whole year in advance and pay practically anything to get what we want

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in