Like Center Parcs but not Center Parcs

(8 Posts)
squirrelclub Mon 27-May-19 20:18:17

We are looking to book a week away somewhere in the UK with our nearly 3 year old just before the schools break up in July. We've done Center Parcs to death - looking for something similar but different. We want to go swimming every day and our toddler will want to go on his balance bike a lot. Where would you recommend?

OP’s posts: |
BoysRule Mon 27-May-19 20:21:20

Depends where you are but Bluestones in Wales is very good. I've been to CP and Bluestones and really like both for different reasons.

ssd Mon 27-May-19 20:23:23

Ribby Hall, in Wrea Green, outside Blackpool

ineedaholidaynow Mon 27-May-19 20:26:15

Friends have been to Bluestone and really liked it. There is a pool but not the same to Center Parcs pool.

Near Okehampton in Devon there is The Manor House Hotel, which again has a pool and various activities (sport and craft). Unlike CP most of these activities are free. It is also catered rather than self catering

SolitudeIsHighlyOverrated Mon 27-May-19 20:28:54

Peak District
www.darwinforest.co.uk/

Newly refurbished pool area.
www.haven.com/parks/cornwall/perran-sands/

mumwon Mon 27-May-19 20:49:38

Kelling Heath in Norfolk -I seem to remember that has a swimming pool - it has a station for the steam railway next to it & lovely wooded area

birdsdestiny Mon 27-May-19 20:53:10

Riby hall is great, although similar price range to CP. It has lots of activities but you still leave to explore the real world!

squirrelclub Tue 28-May-19 08:28:22

Thank you - I'll have a look at all of these.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in