Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

A question about hotel bookings

(6 Posts)
Bartholomewgook Wed 11-Jul-07 10:14:42

Do you have any statutory rights with regard to cancelling a booking?

Dh booked a hotel room last Saturday, for this Saturday night. He has just tried to cancel and they have told him it's non-refundable (it's in Chester and Chester Races are on).

Can they do this? I can't find anything on their website about cancellation policy but they are saying that this is their policy during Chester Races time.

HELP! It's £115 we can do without throwing down the swanny!

Bartholomewgook Wed 11-Jul-07 10:18:18

ANyone

NoodleStroodle Wed 11-Jul-07 10:21:05

Usually hotels say you can cancel up to 24 hours ahead but after that it is non-refundable unless they can book the room out again.

Bartholomewgook Wed 11-Jul-07 10:23:00

Well that's what I thought, but they are saying no. Can we argue with them or is it up to them?!

totaleclipse Wed 11-Jul-07 10:24:19

They should not be keeping the full cost, only around 10%, unless it is very short notice and they are not likely to be able to resell the room, tell them you want 90% back as they will resell the room considering its a busy period, and tell them if they dont pay up you will seek legal advise.

Bartholomewgook Wed 11-Jul-07 10:31:13

He is ringing now. He booked over the phone and they did not advise him of the cancellation policy so he assumed it would be the 24 hour thing as it often is.

I told him to get shirty with them - we'll see how he goes! He hates confrontation so we'll see!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now