Idea for somewhere to go for 3 nights over Easter period - South of Scotland, North of England

(12 Posts)
Snappyteabread Sun 10-Mar-19 21:15:22

Ideas please - somewhere where we can be close to things to do - will have car - would be nice to have places to for for a nice walk or two, some nice lunches, some fun things for the kids (and us!) 2 children over age of 5 but not yet teenagers. I know that's very vague. Will probably want to do Air B and B to keep costs down. South of Scotland, North of England. Where have you been that's been a hit?

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 11-Mar-19 18:47:57

How about Buxton in the Peak District?

Serin Tue 12-Mar-19 20:34:37

Lake district.
Beautiful walks, waterfalls, mountains, boat trips/canoeing, Beatrix potter, hire bikes in Grizedale forest, Grasmere for some gingerbread, loads of Nationa Trust properties where there is always something going on.

Snappyteabread Sat 16-Mar-19 10:13:54

Thank you

QuestionableMouse Sat 16-Mar-19 10:21:11

Scarborough is pretty good (or any of the Yorkshire coastal towns). Not madly expensive either.

Or how about a Haven holiday? If you're lucky and time the booking right they're pretty cheap too. I'm staying in Seton Sands outside of Edinburgh (well about an hour away) and paid £300 for seven days, including fun passes.

Disfordarkchocolate Sat 16-Mar-19 10:22:38

The Lakes or Northumberland would be my first choices, followed by Derbyshire.

SileneOliveira Sat 16-Mar-19 10:23:56

Northumberland - we had a great time in Seahouses. Lovely beaches and loads to see.

FaFoutis Sat 16-Mar-19 10:25:52

My children ages (9-13) love going to Whitby. We stay in the middle of the town, accommodation is fairly cheap.

Bowchicawowow Sat 16-Mar-19 10:26:48

Lakeland Haven is really good, or try Lytham St. Annes.

Whatififall Sat 16-Mar-19 10:27:15

Northumberland
Whitby
Berwick

Tortycat Sat 16-Mar-19 10:33:23

Northumberland- loads of castles, nice beaches if the weather's ok, market towns with enough to do if not, and forest

Snappyteabread Sat 27-Apr-19 12:37:15

thank you for all your suggestions - ended up with a change of plan and went to East Coast Scotland! Good to have the recommendations for another time. thank you

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in