Talk

Advanced search

Stillborn Cemetery Record Search

(4 Posts)
Ozzie770 Sat 16-Feb-19 16:13:52

Hi, Thanks in advance for reading this.

It has took me 28 years to finally visit the Cemetery (yesterday) where my perfectly formed son delivered stillborn, was buried.

He was buried at our local cemetery , and upon going I had the problem of not knowing the exact spot/plot that he is in..
I think I have narrowed it down to two spots but without a marker I can not be certain.

Is there any way of finding out exactly which one it could be?

He was buried with other babies from our hospital.

I have the other problem of him not being allowed a first name as my partner at the time (later my wife) did not want one, and furthermore she used 2 surnames as she had a step father so I do not know what name she used at the time.

I know the year (1991) and within 2 months and that is about it.

Appreciate any advice given.

TressiliansStone Sat 16-Feb-19 16:24:54

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Definitely talk to the cemetery owners/managers (Google will provide). They will almost certainly have a paper register or date-order electronic records somewhere, and since you know the rough date you should be able to just work through the series.

Be prepared that the records might not have as much detail as you'd like, though, especially given they'll only have what they got from the hospital. On the other hand, I know some cemeteries where stillborn children have been tenderly buried with full details recorded in the register since 1850s, so there's definitely hope.

All very best of luck.flowers

Alexandra2018 Sat 16-Feb-19 16:42:00

I'd suggest cemetery office, where I am everything's on paper they find the grave you are looking for using the name. Good luck x

justthecat Sat 16-Feb-19 16:47:16

Have you got the grave number? I only had this when looking for my mothers unmarked grave,I rang the cemetery and they put a marker up where the grave was.
Sorry for your loss💐

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: