Talk

Advanced search

Adhd / autism/ learning difficulty friendly holiday

(9 Posts)
starsparkle08 Tue 12-Feb-19 15:14:57

I have a very challenging 7 year old with adhd , autism and moderate Ld . Wondering if anyone can advise on good uk holidays .
I’m a single parent so needs to be as manageable as possible

ColourMeGreen Tue 12-Feb-19 15:25:41

I have 3 DC with the issues you described and more. We went on holiday for the first time in any of their lives (eldest is 11 next week) last year. We went to a Haven caravan park in Blackpool (or just outside Blackpool). It wasn't terrible. We deliberately went during term time, which meant there weren't really any other kids for them to play with, but it also meant we were never more than 10mins from where we were staying when the inevitable meltdowns started (we never left the park). Self catering was essential for us because they all have food issues. The entertainment staff were absolutely amazing with them, even allowing DS2 on stage with them. They were fantastic when DS2 didn't want to leave the pool at closing time (he loves the water, baths 2-3 times a day, wasn't happy there was no bath in the caravan). We only booked for 4 nights but to be honest that was more than enough as they were all totally wiped out for the next two weeks. You didn't really say what you're looking for but it worked for us, I can't say it was very "relaxing" for the adults, but it was never going to be!

AmIAWeed Tue 12-Feb-19 15:27:38

Thomas Centre in Lincolnshire, stunning apartments, 20 minutes from the beach, a pool that when booked is booked purely for your personal use and best of all it's only let to other families on the autism spectrum

starsparkle08 Tue 12-Feb-19 15:47:36

Thankyou for suggestions :-) will look at both of these things

DOLLYDAYDREAMER Thu 28-Feb-19 21:42:43

We spend some time at Hoburne caravan park - they have sites on the south coast - we quite often see guests with learning dificulties and they always look like they are having a good time and the staff always treat them well. its similar to Haven like the previous poster described but smaller and not so full on but really nice clean well equipped sites

cestlavielife Wed 20-Mar-19 23:16:48

You coukd look at www.calvert-trust.org.uk

cestlavielife Wed 20-Mar-19 23:18:35

And
spectrumbreaks.co.uk/mobile/

cestlavielife Wed 20-Mar-19 23:20:53

www.cwmcrwthfarm.co.uk/family-friendly/autism-friendly-holidays/

cestlavielife Wed 20-Mar-19 23:22:25

www.google.com/amp/s/skybadger.co.uk/2018/05/11/holidays-in-the-uk/amp/

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »