Talk

Advanced search

Lake District nice hotel for a short break

(13 Posts)
Hepzibar Wed 30-Jan-19 19:43:15

Any recommendations?

A couple of days in a nice hotel for me and DH at Feb half term. We aren't walkers.

sleepismysuperpower1 Wed 30-Jan-19 19:52:40

try here

Ricekrispie22 Thu 31-Jan-19 06:01:59

The Masons Arms is one of the cosiest. During the winter it has open fires in the dining room. The views are great and it’s in a handy location. The Drunken Duck is similar, perhaps a bit more luxurious with under floor heating and a fancier menu. It’s also a bit more isolated but still has nice views.

Megan2018 Thu 31-Jan-19 06:23:27

I like The Cragwood, got married there.

FrangipaniBlue Thu 31-Jan-19 06:42:59

Armathwaite Hall
Lodore Falls (just built a new spa)
Cranleigh Boutuque
Daffodil Hotel and Spa
Sharrow Bay
Heidi's Lodge
Inn on the Lake

FairyBunnyAgain Thu 31-Jan-19 07:01:06

I’ve you aren’t walkers and just want to do the tourist bit slow I’d stay somewhere on lake Windermere

Megan2018 Thu 31-Jan-19 07:10:05

@FrangipaniBlue
We hated the Daffodil! That was in 2014 though, we left early, found it completely souless

FrangipaniBlue Thu 31-Jan-19 12:04:24

@Megan2018 it's been flooded twice and redecorated since 2014, might have new owners I think too - we go regular for Spa Days and the Afternoon Tea is one of the best I've had smile

somewhereovertherain Fri 01-Feb-19 23:42:08

The Daffodil is city meets countryside.

Drunken Duck is over rated

For me some proper old fashioned service go for Aynsome Manor near Cartmel or more modern go for Forest Side Grasmere

somewhereovertherain Fri 01-Feb-19 23:42:52

Daffodil same owners

Coronapop Fri 01-Feb-19 23:46:50

Waterhead hotel in Ambleside is good, and plenty of places to eat in the village, and lots of places to visit in the local area.

SingingSands Fri 01-Feb-19 23:56:39

The Lakeside near Newby Bridge.

It is right at the bottom of Windermere. The boats leave from right outside the hotel so you can go up the full length of the lake for to Ambleside, potter about for a few hours and get the boat back.

Gorgeous spa, food is divine and the atmosphere is cosy. We've stayed a few times, including with kids and always been so well looked after. I love that has a bit of "old world" charm about it. It's one of my favourite places.

Hepzibar Sun 03-Feb-19 09:47:35

Thanks for all recommendations.

Waterhead Hotel booked. Thanks @CoronaPop

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »