Talk

Advanced search

Alternative to Tenby?

(11 Posts)
Aginplease Sun 13-Jan-19 09:33:18

We stayed in Tenby last year and loved it. We loved how much was going on in such a small town, even at night, i think we used the car to drive out once.
Can anyone recommend an alternative place to visit?
We are in Cheshire, so middle of the country ish!!

Ricekrispie22 Sun 13-Jan-19 12:46:05

Whitby is a harbour town with nice sandy beach. www.visitwhitby.com Always a lot going on, including a regatta in August. It has lots of boat trips, a surf school, a railway station with steam trains (part of the North Yorkshire Moors Railway - think Harry Potter!), plus a few little museums and nice unique shops.

Mawgan Porth is another favourite of ours. There are regular donkey derby races on the big beach in July and August! www.mawganporth.info

Aginplease Sun 13-Jan-19 13:04:27

Ricekrispie22 thanks. We have done Whitby, although it was October, so not really beach weather
Ill look at your other suggestion. Thank you

Babymamamama Sun 13-Jan-19 13:10:45

I love Tenby too. These two aren't in your neck of the woods but have similar features ie fab beaches, harbour etc... St Ives and Broadstairs.

Aginplease Sun 13-Jan-19 13:39:45

Babymamamama thank you. They are probably abit too far to travel, as it may just be a Monday-Friday holiday.

rosy71 Sun 20-Jan-19 15:34:30

I thought St Ives in Cornwall was quite similar to Tenby.

Aginplease Sun 20-Jan-19 16:00:59

In distance rosy71? St Ives about 1hour30 longer

WhatTheFlipIsThis Sun 20-Jan-19 16:02:08

Brixham or Dartmouth. You don’t need to get in the car once you’re there. Just use ferries.

Rainbowsandrascals Mon 11-Feb-19 22:57:20

Southwold in Suffolk is very similar to Tenby. Lovely beaches with nice place to eat and it’s quite compact.

Pennantcottage Thu 21-Feb-19 08:42:54

Hi we run a holiday cottage in Llanbedrog North Wales. It’s 5 minutes from Abersoch with loads to do including restaurants and we include a newsletter with the best beaches / restaurants etc. Feel free to give me a shout if you ever fancy the area :-)

Funf Mon 25-Feb-19 11:24:30

Another vote for Llanbedrog, lovely area, could you PM me some details fancy it myself.
Now OP have you done all of the Local places?
Conwy, Llandudno? Shropshire?
Whitby is good, we went to Bude in Cornwall a couple of years ago and loved it stayed in a house with hot tub 5 mins from beach 5 mins from town. We like St.Ives but found it was too expensive, so went to Bude

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: