October Half Term

(5 Posts)
mayathebee Sun 26-Aug-18 19:08:30

My DC are 8 and 6 and we tend to do city breaks in October so there are plenty of indoor activities. We’ve been to London a couple of times (booked a travelodge on outskirts). Last year we stayed near Manchester in an air bnb and the weather was awful but we had a great time at a couple of museums, trip to chill factore and swimming. On sunny days we did visited Blue Peter gardens and Gulliver's theme park and just explored. We look for somewhere with a garden or near a park. This year we are thinking about Liverpool or Cardiff.

ChoudeBruxelles Sun 26-Aug-18 18:57:11

Blue stone near Tenby in Wales. Bit like centre parcs but you can escape and go to the beach.

AJPTaylor Sun 26-Aug-18 18:56:06

Whereabouts are you?

user1468942365 Sun 26-Aug-18 18:53:32

We are in this quandary too. Don't fancy CP. Thinking maybe somewhere with a castle? Windsor then LEGOLAND? Sorry, my phone always puts it in upper case!)
Or, a cottage / lodge in Warwickshire? Do Warwick castle and mooch around Stratford?
DH fancies Northumberland but we've done it already. I dunno. It's a minefield!

Pebblesandblamblam Mon 13-Aug-18 10:39:43

Any bright ideas for UK trips - maybe 4 or 5 days? Struggling to think what will work in what could be awful weather. Assume Centre Parcs would be better in Spring/Summer? Something an active 6 year old boy would enjoy. Any inspiration/ suggestions gratefully received!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in