Talk

Advanced search

Cornwall suggestions please

(7 Posts)
user100987 Sat 11-Aug-18 19:33:52

I'm looking for a self catering cottage to sleep 4 and a dog for next year. I'm trawling through the websites and will find something eventually but If anyone can help me narrow down the location that would be a great help! Or indeed the best companies to use. Don't really have any prerequisites although a sea view would be a treat. Thanks!

bippo Sat 11-Aug-18 19:50:30

We have stayed just outside Padstow for the last two years in lovely, dog friendly self catering cottages booked through a company called Boutique Retreats. Lovely places and Padstow has lots going on and a great dog friendly beach near by x

user100987 Sat 11-Aug-18 19:52:48

Thanks so much Bippo, I'll have a look! I don't know the area too well and travelling from North Yorkshire to get there so keen to get a good place x

blametheparents Sun 12-Aug-18 07:38:03

We’ve used Harbour Holidays in the past.
The properties that we have had have been great.
harbourholidays.co.uk/

Ricekrispie22 Sun 12-Aug-18 08:12:56

We stayed in Mawgan Porth because it's mid way between Padstow and Newquay but it's a lot quieter! It still has a good dog friendly beach (several beaches in that area are dog friendly ) with lifeguards. The South West coastal path passes right through Mawgan Porth and there are some lovely little cafes and a couple of restaurants. We found our property through Cornish Cottage Holidays.

user100987 Sun 12-Aug-18 12:24:44

Oh great thanks both I'll check those out too smile

offupop Sun 12-Aug-18 12:29:38

Are 2 children and quite young? If so I'd recommend a little cottage overlooking the sea in Charlestown. It has a small second bedroom with trundle bed but only good for little ones in my view.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: