London accommodation near GOSH

(9 Posts)
TakeAChanseyOnMe Fri 13-Jul-18 14:54:36

I’m going on a course in November that’s near GOSH. It’s 5 days so I was thinking an aparthotel style thing would be best. Under £100/night is best (expenses will give me £90/night...they don’t realise what London is like!) I stayed in a hotel in Bayswater before which was cheap and well located but it was a tiny room and no kettle etc.

I’ll either be flying to Standsted and train into Liverpool Street or getting the train to Euston.

OP’s posts: |
TakeAChanseyOnMe Fri 13-Jul-18 14:55:17

GOSH is Great Ormond Street btw, not sure if that’s obvious! blush

FourFriedChickensDryWhiteToast Fri 13-Jul-18 14:58:17

www.stmargaretshotel.co.uk/W_e_l_c_o_m_e.html

FourFriedChickensDryWhiteToast Fri 13-Jul-18 14:58:44

Just around the corner from GOSH!

Peaseblossom22 Fri 13-Jul-18 15:00:33

Try superbreak , i have got some really good deals with them in decent hotels near Russell Sq , not far from GOSH

TakeAChanseyOnMe Fri 13-Jul-18 15:17:35

@Fourfried - cheap but I’m a snob and don’t want to share a toilet. blush

@Pease - thanks, I’ll have a look. I usually use Hotels.com or Booking.com for the cash back. I’m perfectly happy to use the Tube at rush hour, I’m in London about twice a year but usually only for one or two nights.

FourFriedChickensDryWhiteToast Fri 13-Jul-18 15:20:50

fair enough!

Peaseblossom22 Thu 19-Jul-18 13:52:24

You are probably sorted now but I use Booking.com a lot as well and there are lots of small hotels in Gower Street which are good value , also I stayed last week at the new Premier inn in Goodge Street which was v good

TakeAChanseyOnMe Thu 19-Jul-18 23:25:43

@Peaseblossom22 - thanks, I've booked a (compact!) 1 bed apartment so I can at least make my own meals. It's within walking distance to my course so no sweaty rush hour tube! I used HomeAway which seems to be like AirBnB.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in