Talk

Advanced search

North/South Devon?

(2 Posts)
Blossom4538 Wed 13-Jun-18 16:00:23

Which would you say is the most picturesque and has nice town/villages to hol with 7yr old?

We enjoyed Lyme Regis and Beer recently -

Thanks

Ricekrispie22 Thu 14-Jun-18 05:40:39

I'd say Clovelly, but it's recently received a lot of recognition for being extremely pretty and therefore I recon it will be really busy in the next few years/months.
Croyde, Lynmouth or Appledore would be other obvious choices. Totnes is quirky and looks like it could be Narnia! I wouldn't base myself at any of these though, especially in peak season. For a good family holiday with a bit of everything, I'd recommend the area around of Torbay which consists of Torquay, Paignton, Brixham and Babbacombe. There's so much to do, from zoos and caves to steam trains and model villages. There's a historic pier to explore, a large water park, Agatha Christies's riverside house... I could go on, but instead just look at this link www.englishriviera.co.uk/things-to-do/english-riviera-attractions/family-fun
This is a really good guide to the coastline in the region
www.englishriviera.co.uk/be-inspired/top-10-ideas/top-10-beaches

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: