Talk

Advanced search

Caravan vs Lodge in a holiday park?

(5 Posts)
tashka Thu 24-May-18 15:48:25

We are looking to go on a family vacation, most likely to Sandy Balls Holiday Park in the New Forest. The website has various accommodation options – the cheapest being the comfort caravan, then more expensive the superior caravan and the comfort lodge about the same price, and then the luxury lodge even more expensive (plus some really expensive ones with the hot tubs which we aren’t considering). Has anyone been to both caravans and lodges and can compare between the two? We have stayed in caravans in European holiday parks and these were fine, but this time we are going in December….
Thanks a lot!

dreamingofsun Thu 24-May-18 17:24:25

not been to any of the accommodation...i used to go there sometimes in the summer to the pool with my kids. its a lovely area though - new forest, dorset coast, historic cities of salisbury/winchester. And quite a lot of things for kids to do if you have time

Chasingsquirrels Thu 24-May-18 17:27:50

Caravans in December sound cold (although have never been there).

MoonlightBay Thu 24-May-18 17:36:24

I have stayed in both (though not at Sandy Balls). In December I would definitely choose a lodge over a caravan, even one with central heating and double glazing.

tashka Tue 29-May-18 09:00:10

Thank you very much everyone!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: