Harry Potter Tour

(5 Posts)
bridgetjonesmassivepants Fri 23-Mar-18 19:54:50

Booked tickets for tour at 9:30 in the summer holidays to avoid the queues. We will be spending at least one other day in London doing tourist stuff. Question is, do I book two nights in London and travel to HP tour from Euston via train and shuttle bus (Bit worried about making the 9:30 tour) or would I be better to stay one night in London and then travel to Watford the night before and stay in a Holiday Inn etc and be closer for the morning?

Any ideas? At the moment we are travelling by train to avoid having to take the car into central London.

OP’s posts: |
LoniceraJaponica Sun 25-Mar-18 20:54:49

Stay in Watford the night before. We have been twice. The second time was last August and security was much tighter. You need time to allow for queuing to get through security. I think they ask you to get there about half an hour before anyway.

newcupcake Sun 25-Mar-18 21:00:24

Defo stay in Watford the night before it'll take the stress out of it and as pp mentions security is MUCH tighter than it used to be so takes longer

LoniceraJaponica Sun 25-Mar-18 21:14:17

OK. Just double checked their website. It suggests you get there 20 minutes before your allotted time.

Points to remember:

The food is expensive (and has gone downhill since the last time we went)
The butterbeer is vile. Buy some by all means, but buy one glass between you. There is a very good reason why there is a wet waste barrel by the butterbeer stall.
Don't take toddlers or small children. They will be utterly bored. It is a studio with real props from the HP films, not a theme park.
Take your time and enjoy yourself.

bridgetjonesmassivepants Mon 26-Mar-18 08:08:04

Thank you so much for your responses - confirmed what I thought!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in