Talk

Advanced search

Looking for fancy London hotel with pool and gym, for older couple

(9 Posts)
mrsdarcy Tue 08-May-07 21:36:42

I have relatives visiting from the US who want to spend a few days in London.

She is...
63, funky grandma. She generally likes small, luxurious hidden away Knightsbridgey type places (but not necessarily Knightsbridge, IYSWIM) but see below...

He is...
Her new beau (haven't met him), 75, v keen on exercise (hence the gym and pool requirement).

They want to stay somewhere "central". I'm not sure about the small-hidden-Knightsbridge requirement for an exercise junkie as I fear the pool and gym may disappoint.

Any suggestions?

WideWebWitch Tue 08-May-07 21:39:10

Budget?

WideWebWitch Tue 08-May-07 21:42:08

Wondering about one of the Firmdale hotels, here but not sure about pools.

One Aldwych has a fab pool and I thought it was great.

and this is a good recent London hotel thread with some good links

mrsdarcy Tue 08-May-07 21:47:04

Not sure about budget, but I don't think it's particularly in issue.

I've mentioned One Aldwych - good to have a recommendation. The Fermdale hotels look great. Thank you

WideWebWitch Tue 08-May-07 21:49:25

The service was fantastic at One Aldwych when we stayed, really good. And it's v central and has a pool. But it's not small. Stylish though.

lapsedrunner Wed 09-May-07 19:22:05

I back up the Firmdale recommendation, I have a friend who managed 2 of them (not at the same time) several years ago. They are fantastic. If there is one near to a park would that suffice?

lapsedrunner Wed 09-May-07 19:23:54

The haymarket one (Firmdale) has a pool and a gym...sounds just right

DrNortherner Wed 09-May-07 19:27:39

Sherlock Holmes Hotel is a lovely boutique hotel with a gym and sauna, no pool though \link{http://www.sherlockholmeshotel.com/core/content.html\here

The Zetter is amazing though no pool. I love The Landmark though hardly a boutique.

mrsdarcy Thu 10-May-07 10:27:32

Thanks for the suggestions.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »