1 week holiday in hotel - what to take food wise?

(4 Posts)
hollybatgirl Wed 21-Mar-18 09:18:24

Hi All,
I am taking my 12 year old daughter away for a week to Glastonbury in the summer and we are staying in a hotel (Travelodge). We camped nearby last year so I'm aware how expensive it is to eat out there and I am on a strict budget so I was wanting to take some food with us to have in the Hotel to save a bit cash for days out. I've started a list already with snacks and pot noodle type things but was wondering if anyone has any better suggestions. I know the hotel wont have a fridge or any cooking facilities so kettle only unfortunately.

OP’s posts: |
Ohyesiam Wed 21-Mar-18 09:21:17

Have you already booked the hotel? You could try getting an air bnb which would let you use the fridge or even kitchen. Often cheaper than hotels.

PaperdollCartoon Wed 21-Mar-18 09:23:03

Cancel the Travelodge and get an AirBnB instead. Cook all your own food, feels much more relaxed.

hollybatgirl Wed 21-Mar-18 10:16:33

I can't cancel the hotel as it's paid for with no refunds unfortunately. I'm planning on spending very little time in the hotel anyway and I know there is a supermarket and bakery close by. I looked at the airbnb but there just far too expensive for the week and the hotel is right in the centre too.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in