Talk

Advanced search

Where to stay in Lake District

(12 Posts)
iwantavuvezela Sun 11-Feb-18 17:07:33

Family of four, looking for a cottage to rent over Easter. Any recommendations either of a cottage or a booking site I could use. Have a longing to go there, although only been once before, and would live some recommendations of where to start looking.

Brighteyes27 Mon 12-Feb-18 15:26:16

Loads of nice areas to stay in we live 20 mile away from one part so can help with location but not cottage recommendation. Do you like somewhere fairly busy and central like Keswick, Penrith, Windermere, Ambleside, Kendal or somewhere smaller or somewhere more remote and rural or do you have any ideas what you would like to do is it fell walking, pottering about shops and tea rooms and or taking the kids to various things/activities and how old are your DC?
A friend has literally just finished renovating a cottage in quite a rural location with a lovely pub close by. Let me know if you want details and I will pm you.

CupofBeans Mon 12-Feb-18 16:01:17

http://www.matsonground.co.uk/

iwantavuvezela Mon 12-Feb-18 23:36:50

* brighteyes* think we would prefer something not too busy. I do not know the area at all ... But would love the details of the remote cottage.

cupofbeans thanks for the website will have a look

prettymess Mon 12-Feb-18 23:38:01

White pike in threlkeld

MummySparkle Mon 12-Feb-18 23:39:00

Oh boy, we stayed in a beautiful cottage a couple of years ago. It's recently been in the background of a car advert. Let me try and remember the actual place name / name of the cottage and I'll send you a link

MummySparkle Mon 12-Feb-18 23:45:05

Found it!

www.sallyscottages.co.uk/node/900/photos?from=&sleeps=&breakType=

Tucked out of the way, loads of lovely walks. WiFi, garden, washing machine. Double room, twin room, box room. Plenty of space for putting 'stuff' (coats boots etc). We had an amazing time. Looking at the photos makes me want to go back!

fearfultrill Mon 12-Feb-18 23:49:54

Grasmere
Bowness
Ambleside

All completely beautiful!

Brighteyes27 Tue 13-Feb-18 09:46:55

I have pm’d you OP.

Annebronte Sat 17-Feb-18 14:20:43

Braithwaite is a lovely village. We found a great farmhouse to rent through Sally’s Cottages.

somewhereovertherain Sun 18-Feb-18 07:47:28

Condition Coppermines Cottsges
Lake lovers
Good life cottage company
South cumbria Cottage’s

For me (and I live here) I’d be heading away from the honeypots and Stay Coniston, Cartmel or head West - love Ravenglass and Gosforth. If you like blackpool go to Bowness.

somewhereovertherain Sun 18-Feb-18 07:48:16

Sally’s also very good.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: