Recommend a nice hotel in the Lakes, Shropshire or Yorkshire

(8 Posts)
Zhx3 Sun 04-Feb-18 23:09:24

I'm thinking of planning a weekend away for dh's 40th in June. Still not sure whether to bring the dc (3 of them) with us or not!

Could you recommend anywhere which is

1) Lovely but no more than £300 per night
or
2) Family friendly

Good food and a swimming pool/spa would be a bonus!

OP’s posts: |
Zhx3 Mon 05-Feb-18 00:44:49

Based on another thread I'm looking at L'Enclume in Cartmel. Also like Gilpin Lodge and Rudding Park, but they're a bit on the pricey side.

aconfinedharvester Mon 05-Feb-18 08:42:20

we stayed at The Swan Newby Bridge with 2 little ones a few years ago, managed to get an offer, great pool and it was very handy for visiting Lakes attractions, Beatrix Potter etc.

CrabappleBiscuit Mon 05-Feb-18 08:46:36

Samlings or drunken duck. If you don’t have the kids.

I’d probably do luxury self catering with kids. Lazy fish in north lakes is lovely.

HamishBamish Mon 05-Feb-18 08:48:15

L'Enclume is lovely, but I wouldn't say the main restaurant is family friendly, although the bistro may be.

We stayed in the Forest Side in Grassmere recently which was lovely. There weren't lots of children there, but there were a couple at breakfast. I think they have an age restriction of 8 and over in the restaurant in the evening.

The other place I would look at is Holbeck Ghyll. We stayed in one of their apartments with the children and we hired a baby sitter for the evening. The children ate earlier.

If you do end up going on your own The Samling is lovely. Not child friendly though.

HamishBamish Mon 05-Feb-18 08:49:04

Just to say that we did go to L'Enclume with the children, but hired a baby sitter whilst we ate in the evening.

TapStepBallChange Mon 05-Feb-18 14:23:34

Not sure of the price, but the Devonshire Arms in Bolton Abbey might do, lovely family walks on your door step

Zhx3 Mon 05-Feb-18 15:15:23

Thanks everyone! I also quite like the look of the log cabins on the Swinton Park Estate, has anyone been?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in