Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Going away for xmas

(13 Posts)
R2G Mon 06-Nov-17 14:29:28

Hi please can you give me ideas of places to go with a twelve year old to include xmas day? So over the five days of Christmas. I've thought of Center parcs. I'm going to need time to work so things like that with activities he can join in too.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Mon 06-Nov-17 14:31:16

Are you thinking for this year? Your choice may be heavily limited now that it’s only eight weeks away - I’d imagine most affordable Centre Parks type places would be full. If they’re not; I know a few people who have been over Christmas and enjoyed themselves - make sure he’s old enough to do the activities he’d be interested in alone though, some require constant adult supervision.

WitchesHatRim Mon 06-Nov-17 14:32:56

I can't imagine any Centre Parc type places having any rooms now with only 7 weeks left, I'm afraid.

R2G Mon 06-Nov-17 14:43:23

Center Parcs have lots of availability. I've checked this morning. I'm looking for any suggestions of other ideas similar to that with activities and pools.

Ricekrispie22 Mon 06-Nov-17 19:17:39

What kind of region to you want to go?

celticmissey Mon 06-Nov-17 19:22:46

Don't know where you would be travelling g from but bluestones in wales is lovely with a watermark and activities. Kind of a Welsh centreparcs

R2G Mon 06-Nov-17 21:34:02

North or Midlands really. North Wales is fine. Not Scotland, but as far as the border

Turquoisetamborine Mon 06-Nov-17 21:43:50

Ribby Hall near Blackpool?

R2G Tue 07-Nov-17 00:17:57

Thanks

Ricekrispie22 Tue 07-Nov-17 05:47:23

Landal Greenparks has two locations in the UK: the Peak District and Northumberland. They have an activity program called Go Active hosted by instructors. Here's the link to the Peak District site, as I think there's slightly more on offer there www.landal.com/parks/darwin-forest/in-and-around-the-park

Penhacked Tue 07-Nov-17 06:03:28

Can I just say, Ribby hall is nice enough, but if you want activities for ds, centre parks is a hundred times better. There is nowhere near as much to do at Ribby hall.

Agnesmay Wed 08-Nov-17 13:54:55

Have a look at Potters Resort in Horton on sea in Norfolk.
We went for October half term and had a fabulous time,there's something for everyone and the food was great.
Excellent value for money we will defiantly return

Agnesmay Wed 08-Nov-17 13:56:13

Should have said very nearly all the activities are included in the price as is full board food.
Cannot say enough good things about this place

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now