Hotel near the O2

(16 Posts)
Pinkstars2501 Sun 29-Oct-17 18:30:52

Hi! Going to watch Sam Smith next April grin can anyone recommend a hotel near to the O2 Arena?

I’m open to any type that isn’t a hostel or rubbish b&b. Don’t know London at all, no idea regarding tubes etc. It’ll be for 2 nights, preferably not more than £250 total, that’s absolute limit.
Thanks

OP’s posts: |
Hungryt0night Mon 30-Oct-17 00:36:43

Have stayed at the Good Hotel it is a boat. Get the cable car across to the concert and the metro train on the way back. Hotel has good views of the river if you have a room on that side and views of the cable car.

Hungryt0night Mon 30-Oct-17 00:37:51

There is a small supermarket next to the hotel if you want to buy your own food

Pinkstars2501 Mon 30-Oct-17 06:39:34

If I’m looking at the right one, that’s coming up at £450ish, so way over budget I’m afraid....

SmilingButClueless Mon 30-Oct-17 06:56:47

There are lots of hotels around Excel which might work - Ibis, Novotel, I've also stayed at Aloft which I quite liked but may be too expensive for 2 nights. Pretty easy to get to the O2 from there - DLR to Canning Town and then Jubilee Line. Or I think there's also now a footbridge so you might even be able to walk.

I would recommend budgeting for a taxi on the way back though (about £25 - £30 last time I went - London taxis are expensive). The queues to get into the station after shows are huge.

glorious Mon 30-Oct-17 07:03:58

Ibis or novotel in Greenwich? Get a bus there or a cheap cab as it's not that far.

BlueLegume Mon 30-Oct-17 07:04:50

There is a pub close by called the Pilot and they have rooms which if you book now should be reasonably ok price wise. It’s a Fulllers pub with a great vibe about it and the food is good. Really easy to walk to the o2 from there. Also a simple but decent Holiday Inn express close by - bit more of a walk but mainly on pleasant pathways. Do check though and see what rates are at the Intercontinental right next to the venue - they do some good deals and this far in advance you might be lucky.

BlueLegume Mon 30-Oct-17 07:06:09

www.pilotgreenwich.co.uk/

glorious Mon 30-Oct-17 07:07:20

Or a bit further afield Premier Inn at Lewisham. Tube and DLR or bus.

namechangealerttt Mon 30-Oct-17 07:08:42

Sometimes the business hotels around Canary Wharf are cheap on a weekend, you might get a cheap Hilton room.

Station Hotel in Hither Green you are the right side of town so a cheapish cab ride home, and train station on the doorstep for travelling into and exploring London.

Squeegle Mon 30-Oct-17 07:10:03

There is a premier inn very near the O2

Squeegle Mon 30-Oct-17 07:11:38

I think it’s the excel one.

Pinkstars2501 Mon 30-Oct-17 10:34:25

Thanks all, will look after work tonight.

DoorbellsSleighbellsSchnitzel Mon 30-Oct-17 10:35:39

I've stayed at Novotel Excel several times...easy to get to the O2, nice rooms and a good breakfast.

itsmehello Tue 31-Oct-17 13:07:17

Hi, send a message to these guys: ato-tours.com. They'll sort you out within minutes.
Got us the Hilton Canary Wharf for 220£ over a weekend the other day.

TheOnlyLivingBoyInNewCross Tue 31-Oct-17 13:26:00

Several Premier Inns in Southwark, the one in Borough Market comes in at £240 for a Friday and Saturday night next April.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in