Talk

Advanced search

Central London Hotel for teenage DD and I - nice but not stupid money, how to find a good deal?

(22 Posts)
SpecialAgentDaleCooper Tue 24-Oct-17 15:30:59

As we're going for older teenage DD's birthday treat I'd like somewhere nicer than a Premier Inn/Travelodge chain but at the same time I don't want to pay silly money as we'll hardly be in it (only there for one night and have stuff booked and planned so will be out and about a lot)

Location roughly the area South of Euston down to Soho/Covent Garden and across to Bloomsbury.

Anyone recommend any hotels or where to find a good deal (my brain is exploding with all the hotel finder sites confused )

Thanks

Stuffofawesome Tue 24-Oct-17 15:38:21

guardianescapes gets some good deals for london,

Allthebestnamesareused Tue 24-Oct-17 16:04:31

Trivago will do a search and give you prices from a number of websites so might be worth a try.

Dorset Square Hotel a bit further out by Baker Street is lovely.

fluffiphlox Tue 24-Oct-17 16:06:33

Try a Top Secret deal on lastminute.com.

SpecialAgentDaleCooper Tue 24-Oct-17 16:13:34

ooh there is a contender on Guardian Escapes.

I think I looked at the Top Secret deals on lastminute but locations were a bit vague (obviously) and I don't think any particularly covered where we want to be.

Not tried Trivago yet (I don't think) so will have a look there

StoatofDisarray Tue 24-Oct-17 16:21:08

Citizen M opp. Borough Market.

Racmactac Tue 24-Oct-17 16:32:25

What about searching on Airbnb? My sil rents out on there and cheaper than hotels

NinjaPosse Tue 24-Oct-17 16:33:54

When you look at the Top Secret ones on last minute, copy and paste the hotel description into Google. It comes up with which hotel it is, on a long running thread on MSE.

millifiori Tue 24-Oct-17 16:37:12

You could try The Pavillion in Sussex Gardens. Just a short walk from Hyde Park. It's a bit OTT and whacky - definitely more bling than modern minimalist. Said to be a favourite of up and coming rock bands who are on a budget but want somewhere cool to stay. It's very cheap (about £55pppn) and very central.

SpecialAgentDaleCooper Tue 24-Oct-17 17:31:01

Holy Moly that Pavilion one would give me a headache I think grin

Certainly quirky decor !

Fabellini Tue 24-Oct-17 17:37:58

We had a visit to London in the spring and stayed here it was a 2 minute walk from Earls Court tube and was absolutely lovely.
I'm not sure about prices now, but when I booked, it was cheaper than Premier Inn, and much nicer.
They seem to be part of a small chain, there are maybe half a dozen round London.

StatueInTheSky Tue 24-Oct-17 17:53:20

look on superbreaks...they are usually also utterly rubbish at disguising their mystery hotels (read info and match to listed hotels)

also very easy site to use and often plenty of offers to add in for shows/travel/oyster cards

itsmehello Thu 26-Oct-17 12:03:54

Just send a quick mail to ato-tours.com. you'll get an offer in no time. did london and amsterdam through them and was very happy.
if you want to book it yourself i can recommend the citizem m shoreditch.

Ontheboardwalk Thu 26-Oct-17 12:18:58

Special are you going midweek or at a weekend? Can make a big difference to price

MarmaladeIsMyJam Thu 26-Oct-17 12:21:53

Another vote for Citizen M, love it there! What's your budget? The new Premier Inn Hubs are good too.

StatueInTheSky Thu 26-Oct-17 20:13:25

i wouldn't necessarily recommend citizenM for a mother daughter thing, the shower/toilet pods in the rooms are not what you''d call discreet.

and although it's a super enormous giant bed some folks are weird about odd re bed sharing.

ditto the PIHubs, but some do have bigger rooms and beds....although I've not yet wangled into one of those. AND their bathroom arrangements do offer a little more privacy.

SpecialAgentDaleCooper Thu 26-Oct-17 20:56:19

I didn't fancy the look of the Premier Inn hubs - they remind me of the Japanese tiny little poss that business men crash in.

I did a lot of googling and comparing and in the end opted for a Radisson Blu. Perfect location which means we can walk everywhere, same price as the nearby Holiday Inn Express but looks more luxurious and special (Ok, I realise it's not the Ritz but DD was impressed!)

I got very close to booking a lovely serviced apartment I saw on Guardian Escapes but it was just that bit too far from the theatre and tube stations.

Thank you everyone

SpecialAgentDaleCooper Thu 26-Oct-17 20:56:53

*pods (not poss)

hollyisalovelyname Sat 28-Oct-17 10:01:31

Which Radisson Blu ?
I am always on the look out for somewhere nice to stay in London that is not too expensive.

eloisesparkle Wed 01-Nov-17 09:44:44

Bump

SnowBallsAreHere Wed 01-Nov-17 09:50:12

We stayed in one on Russel square that came up through secret escapes. Was lovely & great location

eloisesparkle Sat 04-Nov-17 09:22:21

Thank you, Snow..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now