Talk

Advanced search

Alternative to Rainforest Cafe, London

(10 Posts)
MrsAmaretto Sat 07-Oct-17 10:00:52

Can anyone recommend a family friendly "experience" restaurant in London? Kids (7&4) want to go back to the Rainforest Cafe but we don't as a) overpriced b) food was dire.

So I might looking for something that's different from Pizza Express, Giraffe type places they are used too.

Thanks

Youcanstayundermyumbrella Sat 07-Oct-17 10:01:30

What sort of food do they like eating?

VioletCharlotte Sat 07-Oct-17 10:02:18

My two really like Planet Hollywood. TGI Fridays is also pretty good.

MrsAmaretto Sat 07-Oct-17 10:12:20

The 4 year old would happily live on macaroni cheese & isn't very adventurous, the 7year old will try most things.

I'll have a look at Planet Hollywood & hard rock cafes - they've never been to one. They've been to TGIs.
Thanks

Youcanstayundermyumbrella Sat 07-Oct-17 10:23:15

Planet Hollywood isn't too different from the Rainforest Cafe in pricing. I don't massively like the food in those type of places so I can't comment on how dire the food is!

How about a Meat Liquor? Great burgers, and they do deep fried macaroni cheese.

There are a few 'The Diners' in London and their macaroni cheese gets rave reviews.

Both cheaper than the corporate chain places with better food and cheaper, and quite fun for kids.

DellaPorter Sat 07-Oct-17 10:26:59

Wagamama
There is quite a plain children's menu - rice, chicken nugget things or fish goujons, sweetcorn and cucumber as well as noodle dishes. Lollies, mini puddings.

LynetteScavo Sat 07-Oct-17 10:41:43

Wagamama next to the Tower of London has a great view.....it's my DDs favourite restaurant in London.

DellaPorter Sat 07-Oct-17 11:11:04

Sitting at long benches is fun, children's chopsticks, free green tea.

kingfishergreen Sat 07-Oct-17 14:21:52

The Big Easy is a fun diner and has a great Americana vibe.

LoniceraJaponica Sat 07-Oct-17 14:29:52

"Can anyone recommend a family friendly "experience" restaurant in London? Kids (7&4) want to go back to the Rainforest Cafe but we don't as a) overpriced b) food was dire."

Interestingly, we had one of the best meals of our holiday at the Rainforest Cafe in the Animal Kingdom in Orlando last year. The "experience" was annoying and very loud. I prefer to have my meal in quieter surroundings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now