Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

London

(5 Posts)
oldschoolraver Thu 05-Oct-17 21:54:28

First time posting

DH not very happy tonight as he wants us all to go to London next weekend on a mini break with our DS. I've said I'd rather not go due to recent terrorist attacks/attempts.
He had told me I'm being silly. What I want know is am I ? What do you think ?

thepurplehen Thu 05-Oct-17 22:11:01

Probably, but ultimately if that’s how you feel then you dp should respect your wishes.

Poshindevon Thu 05-Oct-17 22:16:43

Silly is not the word I would use but you are not being very logical Millions of people go to London everyday. Most dont have the luxury of staying home. Life goes on.

PickleSarnie Thu 05-Oct-17 22:40:46

You're being irrational. But a lot of fears are entirely irrational. No one would tell someone who was scared of clowns that they should just suck it up and go to the circus anyway. Even though, rationally, you would know that nothing bad is going to happen.

Youu're not going to enjoy yourself and theres a million other places you could go instead.

millsbynight Thu 05-Oct-17 22:49:14

I think Londoners tend to think like your DH. I'm a Londoner and I think you're BU however if I didn't live in London and just saw on the news all the knife stabbings and acid attacks and terrorism, I'd probably not want to go either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now