Airbnb/cheap hotel London, August

(4 Posts)
neonrose Mon 18-Sep-17 19:51:37

Hello, I wondered if anyone could recommend an airbnb in London for August (forward planning - I just booked theatre tickets). It will be for myself and my teenage daughter for 3/4 nights. Not massively bothered for a specific area as long as it feels safe to return to on an evening and has good transport links. Ideally cost wise under £100 per night, it's really just somewhere to rest our heads and maybe have breakfast. A private studio flat would be preferable over a room in someone's house.

Or would I be better booking a central travelodge? I have always stayed with friends in London previously, but growing families = less space, especially if we're staying a few nights it would be too much of an imposition.

OP’s posts: |
Ricekrispie22 Tue 19-Sep-17 06:29:12

Stay in university accommodation. My mother and I stayed in the halls of residence at Imperial College just a stones throw from the Science Museum this August. Quiet, clean, friendly staff and a good breakfast provided. I know several universities do this during the summer, but he's the link to the Imperial College... www.imperial.ac.uk/visit/summer-accommodation/

Noteventhebestdrummer Tue 19-Sep-17 06:35:49

City Road Travelodge is very quiet and also near a tube station, I always go there. About 15 mins in an uber from Covent Garden! Has a bar and ok buffet breakfast.

Hunkle Tue 19-Sep-17 06:43:48

The College one looks great shock

I need to go up in February with DC, its a shame the college is open then!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in