Talk

Advanced search

October Half Term weekend with dc!

(13 Posts)
superoz Thu 14-Sep-17 14:48:32

Hi

I'm looking for any suggestions on where to go for a weekend away with dh and dcs aged 3 and 9.

I was looking at Centerparcs but the accommodation cost is almost twice as much as our summer holiday!

Open to any place really, city/town/countryside, as long as it has enough to keep two children entertained including on rainy days.

Thanks in advance!

PotteringAlong Thu 14-Sep-17 14:49:01

Newcastle?

Whattodowithaminute Thu 14-Sep-17 21:56:50

Following having this exact debate this evening with DH

mummymeister Fri 15-Sep-17 10:09:03

There is still plenty to do in Cornwall as everything is still open over October half term. there is also a website called 101 things to do on a rainy day in Cornwall that has some really good ideas. when we stay in cornwall we go HERE I know that they do weekends in school holidays (quite a few places don't). we have lots of great holidays in cornwall over October half term - been on the beach and in the sea - but it just depends on the weather.

2014newme Fri 15-Sep-17 10:10:58

London and Oxford both have loads to do with kids and plenty of indoor stuff if weather is bad.

Twistmeandturnme Fri 15-Sep-17 10:17:22

When mine were smaller we would always go to TwinLakes for a day prior to Halloween. I know that Melton Mowbray doesn't sound exciting for a weekend away, maybe stay somewhere else and just have a day there? It's a farm park with huge playbarns so perfect for mixed weather and, most importantly, they have loads of pumpkins for you to carve in half term week. You get to go on the apparatus with the kids too. If the weather is mild they have lots outdoors, but there is enough indoors (farm, playbarns, small inside rides) that you don't need good weather to have a great day.

Tinty Fri 15-Sep-17 10:25:55

Devons crealy adventure park does Glamping with medieval tents with proper beds, kitchen, etc from £499 for 3 days. Lots to do there with children of different ages and it is 20 mins from the beautiful city of Exeter for a day trip.

Clayhead Fri 15-Sep-17 10:28:53

Liverpool has tons of free museums, several really good for children.

Agnesmay Fri 15-Sep-17 10:59:45

We are going to Potters Resort in Norfolk at half term, never been before but it has good reviews.
It is expensive but the price includes all activities and full board.

glenthebattleostrich Fri 15-Sep-17 11:01:43

Second Newcastle, the centre for life is brilliant, there's loads in the north museum and if you are driving there's Beamish, cragside, alnwick, castles everywhere in Northumberland ...

superoz Thu 21-Sep-17 11:08:19

Thanks, interesting to hear recommendations for Newcastle, wasn't aware they had so many things to do.
Would love to go to Cornwall but it's still a 4 hour trip in the car which the kids would not go for!
Still keeping an open mind on where to go, can't decide!

Misty9 Mon 02-Oct-17 23:31:55

I'm thinking of York. My 6yo would love the train museum.

Holidayaddict Mon 09-Oct-17 22:21:54

Look at stayplayexplore.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now