Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Best/Easiest Beaches to Access in North Norfolk

(17 Posts)
starfish8 Sat 02-Sep-17 16:01:14

Hi everyone

I'm about to head to Norfolk next weekend for the week - after the kids go back to school grin with my 3 1/2 year old.

I've jotted down a few beaches to visit e.g. Holkham, Brancaster, Wells but wanted to ask which are the easiest to park near.

Son is loving beaches at the moment, but want to focus on visiting ones that are easier to cart all the beach stuff too!

Any advice?

TheMamaG Sat 02-Sep-17 16:03:46

Holkham takes about 30 minutes from car park to sea. It's so worth the walk though.

Wells is a bit of a walk but not bad. If you park near the town you can get mini train closer to beach, or there is a car park near the beach itself.

Cromer has lovely beaches too, with rockpools/tidal pools and you can park very close.

Overstrand beach is nice, parking is 5 mins away from sand.

Have a lovely time

quirkychick Sat 02-Sep-17 16:04:55

Holkham and Wells are both a long trek to the beach. Wells does have a car park near the beach, but in peak season you usually have to park in the overflow in the town and either walk or catch the little train (which can be busy) to the beach.

starfish8 Sat 02-Sep-17 21:27:49

Thanks so much! That's really good to know. We are going term time after the kids go back, so might be able to get in the beach car park mid week at Wells (fingers crossed!)

MissBeehiving Sat 02-Sep-17 21:44:52

If you check the tide table for Holkham and go at high tide then it's a shorter walk along a wooden gangway (10 mins) As the tide goes out then it flows through all these shallow sandy channels which my children love to dam up, and dig in.

justaweeone Sun 03-Sep-17 07:49:03

This hasn't got the prettiest views if you look to the left but it's a lovely beach and the boating nod is a nice add on
Also the cliff hotel is nice
https://www.thebeachguide.co.uk/south-east-england/norfolk/gorleston-beach.htm

CountingToThree Sun 03-Sep-17 07:57:39

West runton nr Cromer has a car park right next to the beach, lovely sand and lots of rock poils

defineme Sun 03-Sep-17 08:03:53

Forget the rest Holme is best! It is next to a rspb nature reserve, you park (nice cafe plus eco loos there too) and walk 2 minutes up through pine trees out onto a quiet beautiful white sand beach. I have been to all the beaches mentioned numerous times with little children and you can't beat it.

n0ne Sun 03-Sep-17 08:18:15

I second Gorleston! The town (village?) itself ain't all that, but the beach is beautiful, clean and quiet, and you can park right next to it.

SummerKelly Sun 03-Sep-17 10:01:48

You'll have no problem with the beach car park at Wells in term time. The cafe there is nice too. We saw seals on the beach there a couple of months ago.

starfish8 Sun 03-Sep-17 11:44:14

Thanks all so much for your tips. I'll definitely look at some of the options with the parking right nearby. We're not looking for huge days out on the beach, but an easier park and a couple of hours play would be fantastic!

starfish8 Sun 03-Sep-17 11:48:08

Worth adding that we're staying in Little Walsingham, so Gorleston is going to be too far unfortunately.

We're therefore going to be closer to Wells, Holkham, I'll definitely look up Holme Dunes as not heard of there.

tralaaa Sun 03-Sep-17 12:17:21

Hunstanton for sure a good old beach day fair penny arcades, ice cream and a walk on the front

katmunchkin Sat 09-Sep-17 19:47:14

Overstrand has a lovely big, sandy beach with easy parking at the top of the cliff

mineofuselessinformation Sat 09-Sep-17 19:55:53

If you go to Hunstanton, Old Hunstanton is also worth a look - it's very quiet, has a lovely beach and a nice antiques barn to look around which also has local crafts and art.

Oh2beatsea Sun 17-Sep-17 10:04:20

Wells beach will be much quieter than in high season. We were there in August but still managed to park in the Pinewwods car park so you just walk over the hill / sand dune to the amazing beach. You can rent a beach hut from Pinewoods on a daily basis too (£20 ish). The beach is beautiful - big and sandy.

weffles Sun 15-Oct-17 18:02:34

It may be too far from Walsingham, but Sea Palling is lovely, and near the car park. If you go to California beach in winter you can watch the baby seals.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now