Talk

Advanced search

Car seat rental

(5 Posts)
user1497659089 Sat 17-Jun-17 01:36:34

Hi,
We're traveling to the UK in July and looking to rent car seats, but no car. Would love some feedback on www.babycomes2.co.uk or any similar companies that deliver car seats to an address. I haven't been able to find any reviews online so am a bit hesitant.
Thanks!

GardeningWithDynamite Sat 17-Jun-17 02:17:43

Just had a look at their website - the testimonials are from 2012/13.

I tried to put in dates for the start/end of the car seat hire and the start date doesn't work for me on Safari or Chrome, nor is there an "add to basket" on the pages (I tried a couple). So from that perspective, I'd be a bit wary about using them.

What size car seats do you need and for how long? Would it be worth buying some (online and having them delivered to where you're staying) and then leaving them here?

Fluffypinkpyjamas Sat 17-Jun-17 02:31:44

You would be better doing what Dynamite suggested. Buy them online in the UK and have them delivered to wherever you are staying. That way, you know they are brand new and have never been in an accident.

CluelessMummy Sat 17-Jun-17 02:54:06

I used BabyComes2 for a trip to the UK earlier this year. I didn't have any face-to-face dealings with them as they delivered to and picked up from relatives of ours in the UK, but the quality of the car seat was good (in fact, better than ours!) Any contact I had with them was via email. I'll be honest, I only went with them as they were the only company that had last-minute availability but I'd use them again.

user1497659089 Sun 18-Jun-17 00:49:10

Thanks for the info. Its good to know BabyComes2 seems reliable. I also took a look at purchasing car seats, and it seems like it would be no more expensive than renting for 2 weeks, which was surprising! So will probably go that route.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now