Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lovely big house by the sea (south east preferably)

(17 Posts)
Dalesgirl16 Thu 01-Jun-17 16:00:14

We want to take our seven month old baby away to the coast with our family. There will be three couples including my parents, one of which is disabled. We are all in London and and are thinking of somewhere with a lovely beach in Kent or Sussex. Can anyone recommend a lovely big beach house or villa style house?

Dalesgirl16 Fri 02-Jun-17 11:52:06

Bump?

glitterglitters Fri 02-Jun-17 12:07:20

I can't give specific houses but I'm on Air BNB there are some lovely places in Wedt Sussex and Hampshire.

Look for places near to Chichester, Witterings, Itchenor, Hayling Island etc.

The Witterings have lovely sand dunes too. X

Ikillallplants Fri 02-Jun-17 12:14:27

How about this one? It's on a private estate with an almost deserted safe beach. www.west-sussex-pages.co.uk/cgi-bin/west-sussex/jump.cgi_ID_18745.html

Dalesgirl16 Fri 02-Jun-17 22:21:11

Love that private beach! We need three double beds though

Ikillallplants Fri 02-Jun-17 22:30:43

Shame, it is lovely. The owners use it themselves so it feels like a family home. There are books, dvds, games, toys, umbrellas etc. A washing machine, not sure about a tumble dryer. A lovely enclosed garden.

The beach has sea defences so when the tide is in they make little lagoons that are about waist height and stay warmer than the sea. Quite often we are the only ones on the beach as the private estate makes it difficult to get to if you don't know the public footpaths through.

Unfortunately I don't live far enough away to holiday there myself.

mummymeister Sat 03-Jun-17 10:16:31

you are probably going to have to compromise on your requirement of 3 double beds as most larger holiday cottages with 3+ bedrooms will have at least one twin room so that they are set up for families.

Dalesgirl16 Mon 05-Jun-17 11:43:46

I would be interested in houses with twin beds but not bunk beds. We are six adults with v tall men and it's supposed to be a relaxing holiday

Misty9 Sat 10-Jun-17 23:52:07

We stayed in a big house for Christmas with extended family in Walton on the naze. Found it on owners direct I think. Can get a link if interested? It had three doubles and two twins, huge living area and good garden. 5 mins walk to the beach (pebbles iirc). Pretty cheap for Christmas too.

Misty9 Sat 10-Jun-17 23:53:11

I would also highly recommend checking out babyfriendlyboltholes.com as all their properties include all the baby paraphernalia you need. You pay a premium but we've had great experiences with them.

AramintaJolly Sat 10-Jun-17 23:54:11

Have uou looked at Camber Sands? Some great huge beach houses there

AramintaJolly Sat 10-Jun-17 23:55:15

www.camberbeach.co.uk

starsinyourpies Sun 11-Jun-17 00:09:11

I read this the other day, some nice places and the site has lots more. If Hampshire an option the Pitts Deep one might work? Not sure of your budget!

http://www.coolstays.com/blog/round-ups/10-best-coolstays-on-the-beach/17970

starsinyourpies Sun 11-Jun-17 00:10:52

The Whitstable one also potentially good for your group:

http://www.coolstays.com/property/kiora/17000

Alanna1 Sun 11-Jun-17 00:20:52

You don't really say much, but there are lots (LOTS!) of properties in norfolk that meet the criteria of 3 double beds plus a single near the sea. Have a look along the norfolk coast. The west side of cromer gets more posh as you head towards sandringham, the east side less as you go to great yarmouth. Depends also on where in london you are I guess.

Alanna1 Sun 11-Jun-17 00:28:53

For norfolk look at these:
www.norfolkcottages.co.uk/holidays/near-the-norfolk-coast?ATTR52=%3C3&page=1&orderBy=accom_desc

Friolero Sun 11-Jun-17 19:07:58

What about this one? The garden backs onto the beach and there are 2 double rooms downstairs and a double, king and bunk room upstairs.

https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p1526872

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now