Talk

Advanced search

Outdoor heated pool?!

(9 Posts)
Badgoushk Thu 25-May-17 21:27:15

Does anyone know of any holiday destinations in the UK with an outdoor heated pool please? It can be shared with others. Must also have a bath!!

Also, ideally the place should be:
- child friendly (currently 19 months and 3.5 years)
- dog friendly (not essential)
- self catering (not essential)

We live in London so ideally not more than 4-5 hours away.

Thanks so much.

talkingtofrank Thu 25-May-17 21:33:23

You need to be more specific, for example do you want a private holiday rental or a holiday site such as centre parks with facilities, caravan parks such as haven also have outdoor pools. Have you had a look at Hoeseasons?

talkingtofrank Thu 25-May-17 21:40:01

Bedruthan in Cornwall is also very nice.

hellokittymania Thu 25-May-17 21:47:58

Just curious, but where would you go if you didn't have a car I needed to rely on public transportation? I don't really know many places in the UK, but might like to do a weekend away. I like family type that and breakfasts.

Badgoushk Thu 25-May-17 21:51:32

talkingtofrank, ideally a private rental. I looked at centre parks but it was really expensive in the school holidays. And we'd prefer our own space I think. A small complex would be okay.

Badgoushk Thu 25-May-17 21:55:09

To give you an idea of what we like, we're going on holiday to this place this Summer:

www.quantockhillscottages.co.uk/cottages/gardeners-cottage

And last Summer we stayed here:

www.lamornacovehotel.com/

Badgoushk Thu 25-May-17 21:55:39

But I'm keen to find some more options for next year!

Badgoushk Thu 25-May-17 22:02:40

Bedruthan looks ideal but I looked at the price for the 2 weeks in early July that we're away this year and it's £4,700 so beyond our price range!! I'm looking for more like ££1200-1500 for a fortnight max.

mummymeister Fri 26-May-17 09:22:43

Have a look HERE

Wringworthy farm cottages has a lovely outdoor pool that is warmer than most I have used. The cottages we have stayed in had baths and although ours are now older I know that they also lend out things like cots and high chairs for kids.

they are in the near part of Cornwall about half an hour from Plymouth so would meet your 4-5 hour drive criteria.Personally we prefer the area around Looe rather than the other bits of Cornwall further down. its less busy and more laid back. I think that they would be in budget as well. they also have a huge playbarn and farm animals which the kids get to feed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now