Talk

Advanced search

Short break, within approx 2.5hrs of Manchester

(5 Posts)
pinkletoes Sun 21-May-17 17:33:59

We are looking to go on a 3/4 night break at some point in June. Ideally would be coastal but not essential and we are looking for a place to stay.

We are looking for a cottage or maybe a cabin, but not a hotel but would be happy to be on site of somewhere with facilities (pool etc).

We don't really want to do Centre Parcs and would prefer something a bit quieter really but within easy ish reach of walks / cycle paths / sightseeing of some sort or beach.

Anyone have any tips of places to stay? Budget is approx £150 a night but the cheaper the better!

annandale Sun 21-May-17 17:40:05

Snowdonia is just about within your limit (depending on which side of Manchester). I've been looking for a beautiful beach with caravan site that I went to when we visited Snowdonia (hadn't been since I was a child) and i think it was Black Rock Sands. It was gorgeous. Campsite website here

pinkletoes Sun 21-May-17 19:08:15

Looks nice but definitely don't want campsite as we are going camping in August so hoping for a bit more luxury on this break!

smaiwa Sun 21-May-17 23:51:33

Greenacres Holiday Park near Porthmadog is close to the beach and has excellent access to loads of outdoorsy activities. Wales coastal path on your doorstep as well as the mountains within a half hour drive. Good cycling including Trawsfynydd Lake circuit.
The Warren in Abersoch is a well recommended park but pricey if you can get a rental.
Plenty of nice cottages in this area but many do weekly rentals at peak time.

Brighteyes27 Wed 24-May-17 07:13:09

Bump interested in the same but want a cheap break May half term 3-4 days

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now