Talk

Advanced search

First time at haven holiday park any tips?

(6 Posts)
TryingtobePrepared Fri 19-May-17 21:04:20

We're off to church farm near Chichester at half term and I wondered if anyone had any tips, it'll be me, dp, dd1 almost 6 and dd2 3yrs. One thing I'm really curious about is if I can get away with getting dd1 into activities for 6+, she's tall for her age and would pass for 6 easily. Any other advice really appreciated, thanks

Ethelswith Sat 20-May-17 17:01:12

Don't put an underage child into an activity.

Book activities (according to age) as soon as you can, as some get booked up (though they will put on extra sessions if they have the staff)

When they say there is a minimum level of swimming mpneeded for an activity (I'm thinking of those James Bond underwater aquajets) they really do check and I have seen a child asked to leave the session.

BigGreenOlives Sat 20-May-17 17:08:03

The Weald & Downland Open Air Museum at Singleton is lovely and usually has activities on at half term, as does the Roman Palace at Fishbourne. The farm shop at Runcton has lots of delicious local produce & a pick your own farm (strawberries, not open Mondays & Tuesdays). There's an ice cream shop & beach cafe/shop at Pagham, very easy walk from Church Farm. There's also a traditional arcade with those 2p machines. Lovely pub called the Crab & Lobster about 50 minutes walk round Pagham Harbour at Sidlesham.

frasersmummy Sat 20-May-17 17:12:43

The activities are good at this age.we always found the entertainment at night a bit rubbish for adults. So we usually sent

frasersmummy Sat 20-May-17 17:14:16

Oops sent DS to activities during the day and stayed in at night with dvd and a few drinks

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Sat 20-May-17 17:16:41

Check the heating works in the caravan when you first get there!
We went to one (not where you are going) that wasn't. They had no heaters and suggested a duvet for my baby to wrap him up in!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now