Talk

Advanced search

Norfolk or similar on a budget with 4 month old and dog

(12 Posts)
Mysterycat23 Thu 18-May-17 09:13:02

We live in the East Midlands so thought it would be nice to check out the Norfolk coast (I love beaches!). Never been before and stupidly didn't check prices or availability. We wanted to go for a week in June but having checked the area around Wells next the Sea, which looks walkable to the nature reserve, all self catering and caravans are booked. Only accommodation left is camping pitches or very expensive b and b. I had this dream of just walking to the beach with baby and dog in tow, then lazy pub lunches, exploring a naice village etc...

I feel like such an amateur. DH and I have never actually been on holiday blush

Is there anywhere in Norfolk we can do this type of holiday on a budget in June 2017?

If not please suggest somewhere else not too far away that we could?

Thanks!

mummymeister Thu 18-May-17 19:00:55

the issue is going to be not only availability but who will take dogs and how dog friendly the nearby beaches and attractions are. assume that the dog isn't a puppy under a year otherwise you will really not find much. if the dog is older then I would search on dog friendly first - pets welcome, dogfriendly and a google to find other similar websites. 4th - 11th June week is the one immediately after school May half term holidays and some schools especially private ones have this week off too. so avoid this week

BrexitSucks Thu 18-May-17 19:32:53

Do you need a sandy beach?

Look at *Cley, Weyborne, (b) Sheringham, Stiffkey, *Salthouse, (b) Holkham, (b) Overstrand, (b) Mundesley or even (b) Bacton. Kelling is popular, too.

*nature reserve
b sandy beaches

ALL have cafes & pubs.

Iamastonished Fri 19-May-17 20:55:07

Wells next the Sea is very dog friendly. In fact it is the most dog friendly place we have ever been to. Are there no self catering cottages left?

Try here

topcat2014 Fri 19-May-17 21:00:25

We went to Park Resorts nr Gt Yarmouth last year, and really enjoyed it.

We don't have a dog, but I think Park Resorts tend to have some dog friendly vans on each site.

SherlockHolmes Sun 21-May-17 15:41:24

Wells is the "posher" end of Norfolk, and therefore considerably more expensive. The middle part, from Sheringham to Mundesley-ish is nice but not as expensive. Then further round, towards Great Yarmouth it gets very touristy and is a bit rough in parts (although not all parts).

This place is nice, but no mention of availability.

Have you tried www.homeaway.co.uk or www.holidaylettings.co.uk?

Highalert Sun 21-May-17 15:45:19

Mundesley is a lovely little village, nice beach and pub overlooking the sea.lovely park for the kids as well. There are some fairly cheap chalet parks.

tralaaa Sun 21-May-17 15:50:13

Searls or manor park at Hunstanton are brilliant we have gone for the last million years

Highalert Sun 21-May-17 15:52:43

www.gocoastal.co.uk/det.asp?ch=670

MooMooCat Sun 21-May-17 15:56:22

Cromer
Sheringham
Hunstanton
All have caravan holiday parks, also Great Yarmouth have some good Haven Holiday parks.

RandomMess Sun 21-May-17 15:59:18

Will send you a pm

Mysterycat23 Sun 21-May-17 18:25:44

Thanks all for replies, will check out the links smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now